Road Trip - Jammu Kashmir Ladakh

Me too am intersted in the trip where ever you guys like to go take me with.(but in north region only)

by the way I have a bajaj discover 100cc which may be not a good bike for mountains but I can arrange one good bike call it any bullet or pulsar etc.

previously I have gone to dharmsala on my old bike discover 125cc but the bike was totally exhausted when we return home so I had to sold it.

any way those pics are great. make anyone craving for a road trip like that. its a very great experience traveling on bikes with a bunch of friends in mountains and vice-versa

and yes ladhakh is good for the trip.and I m in if every one consent.

It has been my dream to go on a road trip like this one, but never got enough courage(mainly due to my other addiction, which made me weaker/lazy from inside. Now I'm free), but I think I will be ready in a few months. Need to save few leaves as well :( ..Lets see how things turnout.

EDIT: All those interested in renting a bike, One of my friend told me that from Noida you can rent the bullets, and if the no of people are little high then, they can send an extra bullet with one mechanic with some repairing tools etc...So just in case if bike breaks down and not repairable, you can move on.( I doubt about the reliability of the information :p, and even if it is true, cost will be little high).

best time to go is between june-sept... but it all depends on the weather... last year the weather had been so erratic i had postponed my road trip twice... the road opened up in mid-july last year...

If you guys can plan it around July , i am in as well.. I'd be travelling along by car though. So if someone has hesitation in travelling on a bike can come with me in my car.

foruamit2004 said:
It has been my dream to go on a road trip like this one, but never got enough courage(mainly due to my other addiction, which made me weaker/lazy from inside. Now I'm free), but I think I will be ready in a few months. Need to save few leaves as well :( ..Lets see how things turnout.

EDIT: All those interested in renting a bike, One of my friend told me that from Noida you can rent the bullets, and if the no of people are little high then, they can send an extra bullet with one mechanic with all the some road tools etc...so just in case if bike breaks down and not repairable, you can move on.( I doubt about the reliability of the information :p, and even if it true cost will be little high).
If this can be verified, we r gud to go. Can neone confirm this?

Darthcoder said:
Are you guys serious abt this?

When do we plan it? The only thing I am worried about is the damn bike breaking down and stuff like that. What time of the year is the best for going?
Trust me dude, your bike will break down. We had two bullets and one Xcd 125 ( 4 ppl 3 bikes). Harshad the photographer is also a crazy biker. He brought a mini repair toolkit including a small foot pump. We had puncture problems, engine oil leaking problems, some wire got shorted because of which one bullet was not starting etc but he was able to fix all of those problems with some jugaad :)

The Xcd is one great bike, it did not give a single problem in the whole trip.

You also get bullets on rent in Leh for 500 bucks. So a group can book a Sumo from Jammu, visit Srinagar, Kargil and Leh. In Leh you can rent some bikes go to Pangong, Khardung la and other places, give the bikes back in Leh and go back to Jammu in the same Sumo.

If you want to avoid crowds then go at end of May, start of June. In the end your entire trip depends on the weather. We crossed a pass called Zojila on our way to Leh, after we passed there was heavy snow storm and the pass was closed for 3 days. The greedy hotel owners at Drass and Kargil then started charging 3x the normal room rent.

Because of the weather issues we were not able to go to Khardungla, Tso Morriri, the army had closed the Roads due to heavy snow fall :(

Will post more pics from home

trip has to be on bike...atleast from Noida, otherwise for me a strict no go..this trip could a ride of once in a life time.... regarding Bullets those problems are normal I guess and bullet enthusiasts should know all those stuffs :p, may be except puncture problem.

very nice pics..you revived my old memories...have been there three times now...one trip was in peak winter in feb..i had oppurtunity to drive innova on frozen pangong lake..

I was there too :) jun4-20 on my r-15 along with 3 other guys from hyderabad. heaven :)

344e911.jpg

2ykzvqa.jpg

soory for hijacking the thread :)

Near Leh

43.jpg

Near Thicksey Monastery, Leh

83.jpg

Shey Palace, Leh

87.jpg

Indus River

46.jpg

Night stop at Khaltse, got a small room for 400 bucks to spend the night before going to Leh. The villagers here dont have proper toilet, there is just a hole, you do your thing and then pour sand through that hole using a shovel. One of our gujju friend was so grossed out that he refused to enter that toilet but ultimately he had to break his promise the next morning.

8.jpg

Local kids near the guesthouse.

16.jpg

One golden rule while driving in Kashmir is that you wake up early in the morning and end your ride in the evening but since we were heroes, we used to wake up 10 o clck, start riding by 12 o clk. Once the Sun goes down the tempreture starts to drop like a dead bee. We were heading for Khaltse from Kargil. It was 8.30 at night an we could not ride coz our hands went numb even moving one finger was difficult. Me and my friend panicked and started touching the bike engine. Harshad saw that and started scolding us coz when your hands are numb you cant feel the heat from the engine and your skin starts to stick to it. After a 5 min break started riding again purely on adrenaline and reached Khaltse at 9.30 pm.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Took this near the lake at 2 am. See if you can spot two meteors

night.jpg

Going to Pangong

8_car.jpg

9.jpg

The sand near the lake is almost like the one you see at a beach.

20.jpg

Wow man :O. Those pictures are really awesome :O.
Leh comes under India right? I am seriously thinking of settling down there lol :lol:

@Darthcoder - those pics are post-processed to add colour/saturation/hue whatever they call it :D You probably still want to settle down in New Zealand (middle earth) or something.

Back