Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Has anyone tried rockboxing the Clip+? I just did and it works :D

One shocking thing I noticed. It shows Battery level 37% and playtime of 7h and 9m :O

Using r25959-20100511 version. No bugs whatever to report of till now :D

Re: Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+

@sunnyboi

Is there any risk of doing it? I dont want to risk my clip+ :fear:

Can you give some links which explain how to do or may be you can let us know.

Also what are the advantages of doing this ?

No risk.

I just downloaded this

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/sansaclipplus/rockbox-sansaclipplus-20100512.zip

http://anythingbutipod.com/images/f...otloader-sansaclipplus-01.02.13-dual_boot.zip

Copied the .rockbox folder to the root drive, copied both firmware and bootloader from the other zip file to root directory. Safely remove the player from windows, let it reboot. Firmware upgrade takes 2 mins. Go to database and initialise it, reboot. Start enjoying rockbox :p

If you dont like the UI, you can always customise it :p go to settings, themes and experiment.

SQ improves a lot. Battery life literally tripled in my case, my player has been playing FLACs from SD Card since ~2 hours and just 10% drop in battery. It says it still can play 4 hours 15 mins with 22% batt left :p

SunnyBoi said:
SQ improves a lot. Battery life literally tripled in my case, my player has been playing FLACs from SD Card since ~2 hours and just 10% drop in battery. It says it still can play 4 hours 15 mins with 22% batt left :p

nice to know that it works fine with Clip+. now thats 'decent' improvement sunnyboi :)

What about un rock boxing it ??? Just remove those files /folders from the root and you are done ???

I think so. I'd never un rockbox it :p Theres dual boot feature, if you dont prefer rockbox you can always boot to original firmware

Still no rockbox for Fuze V2 :mad:

Eeeeeee , spoke too soon , apparently now it works fine on V2 , will try it tomorrow morning .

I read that fuze v2 cant be rockboxed :S.Can u pass the link where it says it can be done without issues..

SunnyBoi said:
Do you let it run down completely before a recharge ?

SunnyBoi said:
Can you confirm that over long periods? Because the Clip+ is known to display incorrect battery charge. For example, it would show 60% for hours and then suddenly drop to 10% without warning.

I changed over to the OF once when the battery said 19%. OF was showing battery to be 48% :S went back to rockbox, showed 18%. rockbox is way way more accurate. Even the time scaling for each % was very close.

I rockboxed my sansa clip+ and was playing with the FM settings when it hanged and is stuck at that screen:mad:

Pressing any of the button does not help. Even connecting to the PC does not help :(

I think i will now have to wait until entire battery runs out.

Any alternate way to reboot / shut down the clip+ ??

^ Keep the power on button pressed for 10-15 seconds until it shuts off and then reboot ;)

Back