Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

Change the balance only if you have some permanent problem. Like trying to balance non-balanced drivers. Sensitivity issues with one ear etc,. Stereo width could help you with soundstage, they can also be used just in case you need to put some life into otherwise dull recording. Compressors are like auto level correction modifiers. They are not recommended, unless you have lot of dynamics in your recording and you do not want them. Usually these could be with classical music, where at onestage you have very light passage and the next moment you have the choir/ensemble joining in. Usually recording engineers take an account for the compression. But its good to know that you have the options. Good recording companies like Chesky rarely use compressors in their track recording.

You could try eq only if you find that your headphones or earphones are not sounding the way you want your sound. They can also be used to eliminate hiss or other recording problems. Most modern songs do not need eqs, because of good recording technique and equipments. Few driver problems also could be corrected and many more.

Change your eq by abt 3 to 5 db at each step and then fine tune it.

Depending upon your selection your batteries will drain out (faster).

I think that Rockbox could void the warranty. My suggestion would be if you looking for warranty do not rockbox it. Once you are pretty certain that your player will not go bad, may be you could try them.

Can anybody confirm whether or not Rockboxing improves SQ in any way for Fuze?

I don't touch the EQ settings so if that is how one improves SQ after rockboxing it wont be something that would interest me.

Rockbox adds lots of features, fine tuning, control, EQ. SQ? I doubt it. I didn't hear any difference going from normal Fuze to RB-ed Fuze.

Still, I'd prefer RB over OF any day.

it does feel as if the volume is boosted up a lil , arnd 5-10 % , maybe bcoz of the diff default eq setting of the rockbox

The sound stage has definitely widened by increasing that to around 150%. The ease of use of RB is unmatched. I am just changing the Bass and treble values and not the custom EQ.

let me try the suggestion by PN and shall post the findings.

Got a Clip+ from PristineNote, bugged SunnyBoi and Rockboxed the player. Boy oh boy the options :D Trying to get Last.fm scrobbling to work, lets see how that goes.. if that works I'll be the happiest person !!!

Rockbox wont void the warranty

my Fuze (rockboxed) got replaced when i reported the battery problem to Sandisk. i had no purchase proof/warranty , didn't know when was the original purchase date. what i have done is, i deleted the rockbox folder from the internal memory before sending them for the replacement

PristineNote said:
I think that Rockbox could void the warranty. My suggestion would be if you looking for warranty do not rockbox it.

i have 2gb sansa clip+, space is quite a concern. Not buying the 4gb was quite stupid on my side i guess.

i just got my clip+ three days ago, and the battery is really bad! it gives me just 9 or lesser without any SD card and with settings which should aid my battery life with sleep mode, and backlight options put to minimum. Now with rockbox available, i need to know how to start about to put it on my player

how much space does rockbox eat away from my player? i hope not too much, m not really going to get a SD card onto my player;.

^^No need of SD Card, just put the .rockbox folder in your root drive of clip+ and boot normally, it will boot in rockbox mode. In case you want to boot in stock mode, hold the << KEY and press the power button.

Thanks to TE

I just Rockboxed my Sansa Clip+ and i am never gong back thanks to TE members.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The current playlist is showing the filenames instead of Title of song any fixes??

Start here

Been over a year since i last did it.

Thanks!

That helped, as did the official RB website.
I went with the manual method and the entire process took less than 5 minutes.

The range of options with RBoxing is amazing. Without any adjustments made to the enormous settings options, I immediately felt a change in the sound from how it was on the stock firmware Clip+. There was too much shrillness in vocals while the bass was about alright. I guess i'll need to play around with the settings a bit, something that i really hate to do. Will give this a few more days before going back to stock if i don't get the settings right.

Back