Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

Did anyone found that the battery level shown in both the firmwares are different by a good margin. Currently in my rockbox firmware it shows as 31% while in original firmware it shows 54% :S

^^ Have updated the firmware of my clip+. Lets see if anything actually changes. Initial impression says nothing much has changes, not even the battery level indicator.

I would agree with the battery thing.. but the sound quality is actually better in sansa firmware..

or it might be that i am not able to properly set the EQ..

could someone guide me to the right settings.. I used to use all bars to high except the middle one in custom EQ.

anyone ??

Even after updating the firmware, its seems the battery thing still is an issue. Although it is not much of an problem and i am ensuring that i charge it before it dies.

One more release of the rockbox for sansa clip+ is available. Can anyone tell me where can we find the change log for the same ? I checked in the downloaded FW folder but could not find any.

There is a stark difference between the battery levels shown by the rocbox FW and the OF. Currently the RF shows 16% while the original FW is showing 48% :S

^ Why don't you just chill and relax and listen to your songs for a while? :p

My Clipv2 shows very minor difference in battery life.

^ But you see it has been observed that the clip+ does not get charged if connected directly in OFF state and not even when in rockbox FW. So just scared that if it is dead with 0% battery then will it again start or not :fear:

Or may be i am being too paranoid :p

^ Yeah exactly! Mine does that even on older builds. If my Clip is off and I plug in the USB cable it starts the OF automatically. :)

After reading a lot lot lot lots of stuff.. finally Rockboxed my new sansa clip+..

In The RockBox Info section.. it shows battery 100% 15hours and 15 min.. woohoo.. \m/ thnx everyone..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

haraakiri said:
current rockbox build starts your clip+ in OF if connected for charging( when in rockbox).
I think its a good thing.. Along with auto charging we can even transfer files..

Only thing is that the Playing stops when connected to PC..

Here's a bootloader: v3.0-bootloader-sansaclipplus-01.02.15-dual_boot.zip - I'm not responsible if your Clip+ catches on fire, kicks your puppy, etc.

Current firmware builds can be found here: http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-sansaclipplus.zip (This link is automatically updated whenever a new revision is released.)

Installation instructions: Unzip both files, bootloader and firmware, to the root of your Clip+. That's all. The Clip+ has to be in MSC mode, not MTP.

source : Rockbox: Clip+ - Sansa Clip / Clip+ Rockbox - abi>>forums

edit: just to keep the thread alive :p

off late my sansa clip + on latest firmware 1.02.15 have been acting very oddly , just stops playing sings , hangs up very easily , so rockboxed it , did like the rockbox interface on small sansa clip+ screen , neverthless , the problem shown by stock firmware is gone , working fine with rockbox,

have anyone faced similar problems with their stock sansa firmware like hang ups, not refreshing media , hang up while changing tracks etc...

Back