Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

Installed rockbox and after a couple of hours of playing around with it, I still can't figure out how to get shuffle to work or how to save anything etc :(

chiron said:
Installed rockbox and after a couple of hours of playing around with it, I still can't figure out how to get shuffle to work or how to save anything etc :(

For Shuffle:

1. Go to playback settings -> select shuffle -> select Yes

or

2. While adding a folder to the play list(by pressing and holding the center button), you can select the option Add Shuffled.

For Saving anything:

Go to the corresponding save option, type the name for saving, then move the cursor to select the typed name and then press and hold the center button to save.

akshay7g said:
So guys planning to RB my fuze V2. What are the dos and donts?

It would be cool if someone guide me with the RBing.
Put the .rockbox folder in your root directory of your fuze (inbuilt memory, not card) and boot the fuze, it will install the rock box firmware.

After that update the database to let rockbox index all your files, restart the player normally to enjoy rockbox firmware.

If you still wanna use stock FW without removing rockbox then you have to start the fuze with some button pressed (i dont know which but probably the Rewind button, thats how it is in sansa clip+).

To remove rockbox completely i guess just delete the .rockbox folder (someone please confirm this)

raksrules said:
Put the .rockbox folder in your root directory of your fuze (inbuilt memory, not card) and boot the fuze, it will install the rock box firmware.

After that update the database to let rockbox index all your files, restart the player normally to enjoy rockbox firmware.

If you still wanna use stock FW without removing rockbox then you have to start the fuze with some button pressed (i dont know which but probably the Rewind button, thats how it is in sansa clip+).

To remove rockbox completely i guess just delete the .rockbox folder (someone please confirm this)
Thanks mate. BTW any bricking issue with RBing? And will RB work with all OFWs? My Fuze is running currently on V02.02.28. I'm planning to update it to latest OFW (v02.03.33) before RBing.

^^ though the installer warns of that possiblity I don't think it is really anything to worry about.

nizarp said:
For Shuffle:

1. Go to playback settings -> select shuffle -> select Yes

or

2. While adding a folder to the play list(by pressing and holding the center button), you can select the option Add Shuffled.

For Saving anything:

Go to the corresponding save option, type the name for saving, then move the cursor to select the typed name and then press and hold the center button to save.
Thanks... I hadn't checked the manual and so didn't know about the "press and hold" action. Now that I've used it for a while, rockbox is nothing short of incredible.

Successfully RBed my Fuze V2 :hap2: Did manual installation.

RB version : 3.7

OFW : V02.03.33P

BTW I guess home button doesnt work with RB.

EDIT: Possible to make RB FW to boot secondary?

I am facing issues with my rockboxed sansa clip+. For last couple of weeks when i start my sansa clip+ the player gets stuck on the Rockbox boot screen and never moves forward. I am hence forced to use the stock firmware. I also removed the old rockbox folder and copied the latest one but still same result.

What may be the issue and how can i rectify the same ??

abbis said:
^Me too having the same problem.Pls help..
I figured it out.

1. Remove the micro sd card.

2. Start the clip+ in rockbox firmware. It will start this time.

3. Now shut off the clip+

4. Insert micro sd card and restart again in rockbox mode.

^^ its a headache to use the graphical eq in rockbox using the clip+ screen/buttons. I'd say stick with the basic treble/bass enhancement.

But how much dB should i keep the treble and the bass

I tried much but was unable to get the perfect values

And what about balance %, stereo width, compressor etc. do you guys change them ?

Ps: and thanks for such a good thread with step by step procedure on rockboxing

Have rockboxed my clip+ today early morning.. boy there are lot of options.

primary difficulty is with the EQ settings.... can somebody share their settings so that i can try it out. I have just made it worse trying to EQ it. so changed back everything to default. Also is there a setup or a guide on how to EQ? generic guides rather than going by the ear? for eg, in a car audio i know how to tune the amplifier to get a perfect output... likewise....

Back