Android ROM suggestions for Galaxy S3 please

baccilus

Skilled
HI,
I just ordered the Samsung Galaxy S3 on flipkart. It suited my requirements and budget. I will be using a custom ROM on this phone. But the phone is so well supported at XDA that I am really spoilt for choice (one of the reasons I chose this phone). I would really like suggestions on which ROM I should go for. It should be fast and stable. And Kit kat based. I have used the slimbean ROM on an earlier phone which I did like. I mostly use the smart launcher, so launcher is not that important to me. ROMs with OTA updates will be a plus.

Archi droid (4.4.3). You will have lot of options in this one. I just installed today and it looks good.
You can also try SOKP rom. 4.4.3 is coming soon on this rom
Both are kitkat based.

I use Clockworkmod and the ROM I use is this one-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...omega-v4-0-omniandroid-4-4-2-kit-kat-t2675735

Compared to other 4.4 ROMs available out there it is very battery life friendly and it is my daily driver without the slightest issue for the last 3 months.

Only problem I had with this ROM is that audio on NFS Most Wanted is corrupted.

Also I used the Boeffla kernel with a multitude of ROMs before(temasek's new builds after every 3 days or so) but the best battery life along with performance is available on the stock kernel.

Back