Room Heater Suggestions

you can save yourself some money and run the pc without the hsf or look around and try to get your self a vintage Pentium 4 Prescott - those were proper room heaters.

Conventional heaters take a lot of power.... Get the Halogen Vertical room heaters... 3 bulbs with max consumption 1200w and normal 400 watts... Look for a one that turns...

I got this one and it works great...

About Maharaja Whiteline.. Cost me Rs 1650

ronnie_gogs said:
Conventional heaters take a lot of power.... Get the Halogen Vertical room heaters... 3 bulbs with max consumption 1200w and normal 400 watts... Look for a one that turns...

I got this one and it works great...

About Maharaja Whiteline.. Cost me Rs 1650

Heres a cheaper version from orpat Buy Orpat OHH-1200 Halogen Heater(Assorted Colors) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews , use any discount coupon available to get further discount

Get an oil heater - the 3rd from bottom in this link: About Maharaja Whiteline..

Hlogen heaters will not "warm-up" a room, you need to be sittin close to these in order to be warm. Besides u cant put them on at night at they glow.
The oil heater will consume more electricity during the initial run, but once the oil is hot; it will consume less. besides it does not glow, so you can keep it on at night if required. But this will be costlier than a Halogen heater.

Well my Halogen warms up the room just win... Works for Delhi Winters... Have a Blower too but it consumes 2000W

I would vote for oil heaters too.

Besides heating the room without the light and everything, they also keep the room humidity in check.

The ones available are 9, 11 and 13 fins. starting from around 4.75k.

But keep in mind that oil heaters take their time to heat up the room but once done they can maintain the temp better...

You do not have to sit in front of a halogen heater since they are basically Infrared emitters... These would not raise the temp of the room much but basically heat up the persons in the room hence the occupants would feel less cold. They are cheaper & very efficient. They also don't burn oxygen..

Infrared heater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am currently using two halogen heaters , are there any health issues/risks that any one here is aware of with these heaters?

Go with Morphy Richards room heater @ 2k.. I own one and happy to have over halogen heaters which don't last longer. The MR heater runs silent and warms up the room pretty well.

Arjun said:
I am currently using two halogen heaters , are there any health issues/risks that any one here is aware of with these heaters?

Any type of electromagnetic radiation is bound to cause some health issues but it would take continuous exposure & for a very long time. Therefore these room heaters are quite safe.. We don't use them round the year & not continuously anyway...

guptavis said:
Any personal opinions on which is a good brand or model for oil heater? going to order one soon.

Same here. I have seen Usha Lexus working fine for past 2-3 years at one of my acquaintances. So biased towards that.

Morphy Richards looks cool but no one I asked suggested to go for it. They say its not very "efficient".

Other brands suggested to me - Bajaj, Oster.

There is a cheap brand called 'Polar' (remember Polar fans). It also has an inbuilt blower. So seems like a good deal. No idea about reliability.

rshri said:
Same here. I have seen Usha Lexus working fine for past 2-3 years at one of my acquaintances. So biased towards that.
Morphy Richards looks cool but no one I asked suggested to go for it. They say its not very "efficient".
Other brands suggested to me - Bajaj, Oster.
There is a cheap brand called 'Polar' (remember Polar fans). It also has an inbuilt blower. So seems like a good deal. No idea about reliability.

i went to 3-4 shops today, most recommended Bajaj, morphy richards and Oster.
One person said except Bajaj they are all made in china and assembled in india. so i guess they are all about the same quality with different badges.
shops dont give much discount on Mrp ~ 8% to 10%. online would be better. The newly Opened Croma here was saying 8250 for an oster 11 fin with fan.
any help with brand and coupon appreciated.

guptavis said:
i went to 3-4 shops today, most recommended Bajaj, morphy richards and Oster.

One person said except Bajaj they are all made in china and assembled in india. so i guess they are all about the same quality with different badges.

shops dont give much discount on Mrp ~ 8% to 10%. online would be better. The newly Opened Croma here was saying 8250 for an oster 11 fin with fan.

any help with brand and coupon appreciated.

I was told the same price for Oster 11 fin. But I discovered that it can be had online for way less. See this -

Buy Oster OOH2504 11 Fin Oil Filled Heater at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I think we are being taken for a ride by retail shopkeepers :-(

i am zeroing in on Oster room heater,but confused between the 9fin with fan and the 11 fin without fan. which would be suitable for a room measuring 18ft * 12 ft

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And is the 11 fin oster mentioned above have a fan ?? Dont think so as the fan's wattage is not mentioned.

i guess they mean blower and not fan.

look for delonghi or westinghouse. both are available in delhi. better quality product. My polar heater got bad after 1 year.

Back