Router(+modem) with stability and range

random2

Adept
Looking for a router (would be good if it also has Adsl2 modem) which is stable and has good range. Budget - less than 4k.

The purpose is to share internet connection between 2 houses next to each other. Both are 30x40 plots. The router will be placed in first floor of one house as near as possible to the other place and usage in the other place is in the ground floor.

I checked other threads and seems TP-LINK TD-W8968 is quite popular. Would like to know how stable it is and will the range be sufficient for the above purpose.

Using W8968 since 2 weeks. The router has been kept on 24x7 and no issue with functionality.
The range is very good and will easily fulfill your requirement. I take it that you are aware to be getting the H/w Version 2 of the router.

Since the houses are next to each other, there should be no issue with the range. But you might wanna mention how many walls are there between the farthest points you wish to enable the access with.

@Spacescreamer - Thanks for the inputs. Are Version 1 routers still in the market? Planning to get it from Flipkart.

Regarding walls - The nearest would be 2 walls with distance ~10-15feet. The farthest around 20-25feet with mostly 3walls or max 4.

@random2
I just mentioned it for clarification purposes, the v1 Vs v2 thing.
FK's page now clearly mentions the 5dBi antenna gain, so that is a good indicator.

3-4 walls should def not be an issue, nor should be the distance of 25 ft.

@random2
I just mentioned it for clarification purposes, the v1 Vs v2 thing.
FK's page now clearly mentions the 5dBi antenna gain, so that is a good indicator.

3-4 walls should def not be an issue, nor should be the distance of 25 ft.
All the sites always mentioned 5dbi antenna gain.. Even while they sent me a v1,claimed a refund on that basis.

Back