Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could also be attributed to normal technological progress. People have moved from FB to snapchat right? Nothing to do with the demon...

Govt benefited by more than Rs 6000cr in tax returns

Which is an amount that could be easily extracted from the black money reserves of just a couple of politicians in Modi's cabinet if it is indeed about corruption and black money[DOUBLEPOST=1500309765][/DOUBLEPOST]
Govt benefited by more than Rs 6000cr in tax returns

Which is an amount that could be easily extracted from the black money reserves of just a couple of politicians in Modi's cabinet if it is indeed about corruption and black money

What about cheque payments? Earlier, my grocer used to only take cash, now he has started cheques as well.
Even our wholesaler used to accept Just cash is now accepting cheques. Says thoda tho white batana patinga.
Overall, there is a strong notion among few about reporting at least some income to Govt at least for loan purposes.

Even our wholesaler used to accept Just cash is now accepting cheques. Says thoda tho white batana patinga.
Overall, there is a strong notion among few about reporting at least some income to Govt at least for loan purposes.

And here is the funny thing - none of these guys used to pay up anything in taxes. For example, my milkman charges me 2 INR extra over a litre of milk to deliver it at my house - i think this is expensive itself. Recently, he said he would be increasing his prices shortly because earlier he had no taxes to pay, while now he does. We might be changing this guy once we find someone else.

Currently Govt has stopped printing 2000rs Notes, speculation is Demonetisation 2 in November 2017 for 2000rs notes. Followed by withdrawal of 1000 Rs notes so finally only 200rs will be the largest denomination available.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/wap.bu...may-hit-market-next-month-117072600192_1.html

I wasn't affected much by Demonetisation but this current DeTOMATOisation is pretty bothersome...
[emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534]
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Currently Govt has stopped printing 2000rs Notes, speculation is Demonetisation 2 in November 2017 for 2000rs notes. Followed by withdrawal of 1000 Rs notes so finally only 200rs will be the largest denomination available.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/wap.bu...may-hit-market-next-month-117072600192_1.html

I wasn't affected much by Demonetisation but this current DeTOMATOisation is pretty bothersome...
[emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534]
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Followed by withdrawal of 1000 rupee note?

Currently Govt has stopped printing 2000rs Notes
What about the currency spent on printing those notes.. According to RBI data it costed them nearly 1700 Crores to print 2k notes. Rs 21,000 crores to print new notes. (Source)

To the straight fact, The validity of currency is minimum 10 years before it has been to be withdrawn from the market or else if there is emergency cases like Counterfeiting at an large scale which took place in between 2006-2011. : RBI website (Read during demonitisation)

Last edited:
What about the currency spent on printing those notes.. According to RBI data it costed them nearly 1700 Crores to print 2k notes.

Its people's money. The govt does not care. If they want they will demonetize regardless of cost. aam admi is like atm machine without limit now.

Are you guys sure about this?

Be whatever he may Modi is not dumb enough to not learn from his own mistakes.

Our GDP growth was 6.1% even after taking into consideration that the new GDP calculation methodology of the government which has been lambasted as being inaccurate by S&P and Moody's.

If these rumours are going around it defeats the purpose of demonetisation as people will start hoarding now and dreaming up new jugaads to bypass all this.

The demonetisation move only works as a lightning strike out of the blue and not on a year on year basis.

The ultimate aim of any govt. is to remove high denomination notes from the economy. The only reason they introduced pinky was to quickly restore the total value of cash in circulation since it's equal to the value of two physical 1k notes and four 500s. The americans want to stop everything above $20.

It should be presumed that pinky will be recalled when the conditions are right.

I first heard about new 1k notes being printed then 200s then saw an unverified photo of 1k notes. See below:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/demonetisa...es-being-launched-by-rbi-are-they-fake-710345

http://www.india.com/buzz/rs-1000-g...rrency-available-in-banks-from-jan-1-1730003/

Banning of the 2000 Rs note is bound to happen as soon as the top BJP leaders and their close associates manage to get rid of all the Rs 2000 notes from their black money reserves. After all, they probably had the first dibs on those notes long before the demonetization was announced to the public and so must have quite a big load of them.

Be whatever he may Modi is not dumb enough to not learn from his own mistakes.

He is anything but dumb. In fact he's a megalomaniac with support of people.
Congress is freaking stupid to not stand up against him.
But then again, that takes too much work while BJP's shills can start throwing one-liners about pappu, phoren ki madam, silent PM, 60 years etc. and people will cheer for them.

I think INC needs to have the Gandhi family without whom the party would split into a bunch of regional parties. I guess it is because Congress lacks a defining ideology/identity unlike BJP, CPI, AAP etc and so having them at the top became their identity. I sometimes feel bad for Sonia, Rahul etc... never seen them look happy at any point. I bet they wish they were chilling in some private island instead of being dragged into this politics bullshit.[DOUBLEPOST=1501175491][/DOUBLEPOST]Modi otoh looks like he enjoys all the attention, performing speeches and loves strutting around in his fancy kurtas.

He is anything but dumb. In fact he's a megalomaniac with support of people.
Congress is freaking stupid to not stand up against him.
But then again, that takes too much work while BJP's shills can start throwing one-liners about pappu, phoren ki madam, silent PM, 60 years etc. and people will cheer for them.
Politics is all about perception not facts. Though factually Demonetisation has failed to achieve the purpose, the perception is entirely opposite. Having said that, BJP was successful in converting the perception in its favor both nationally and internationally. People with Adhaar card and bank account made nearly 30 - 50k in two months, which amounts to half year of their income. I had pretty hard time finding farm workers during Demonetisation, all had returned to their natives to indulge in Black and white conversion.

With Nitish (supposed PM candidate of Mahagatbandhan) back with NDA, BJP winning most of the elections post Demonetisation there seems to be no reason for BJP to introspect. This is the disadvantage of winning continuously irrespective of poor performance. With a corrupt, communal & a spineless opposition the only way Modi can be defeated seems to be by his overconfidence. If there are no further economic blunders, LS elections of 2019 is a forgone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back