Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, third front being dead and Congress leadership being pathetic is the reason why I can't see these assholes losing.

Banning of the 2000 Rs note is bound to happen as soon as the top BJP leaders and their close associates manage to get rid of all the Rs 2000 notes from their black money reserves. After all, they probably had the first dibs on those notes long before the demonetization was announced to the public and so must have quite a big load of them.

There might be an influx of these notes now :p. Withdrew about 10K cash last for household expenses, got all 500 and 100 notes.

Politics is all about perception not facts. Though factually Demonetisation has failed to achieve the purpose, the perception is entirely opposite. Having said that, BJP was successful in converting the perception in its favor both nationally and internationally. People with Adhaar card and bank account made nearly 30 - 50k in two months, which amounts to half year of their income. I had pretty hard time finding farm workers during Demonetisation, all had returned to their natives to indulge in Black and white conversion.

With Nitish (supposed PM candidate of Mahagatbandhan) back with NDA, BJP winning most of the elections post Demonetisation there seems to be no reason for BJP to introspect. This is the disadvantage of winning continuously irrespective of poor performance. With a corrupt, communal & a spineless opposition the only way Modi can be defeated seems to be by his overconfidence. If there are no further economic blunders, LS elections of 2019 is a forgone conclusion.

I think DeMo failed to tick all boxes. Some boxes, especially with increasing tax base and worker improvement have gotten a plus, and these are those who are supporting modi.

That said, I hope that we migrate towards a cashless economy with hopes of a reduction of direct taxes.

What about the currency spent on printing those notes.. According to RBI data it costed them nearly 1700 Crores to print 2k notes.

This is yet another of their subtle scams, hidden under the guise of legality. Spending all that money printing new notes, not to mention the amount which will be spent destroying/recycling the recalled ones. And all for nothing.

So anyone got any stats on how much government funding comes from additional notes being printed as opposed to taxes collected?

Do you really think that those numbers will be made public when post-demonetization note-counting is still going on?

This is yet another of their subtle scams, hidden under the guise of legality. Spending all that money printing new notes, not to mention the amount which will be spent destroying/recycling the recalled ones. And all for nothing.

Dont forget, there used to be scams with the scrapped notes as well.

I think DeMo failed to tick all boxes. Some boxes, especially with increasing tax base and worker improvement have gotten a plus, and these are those who are supporting modi.

That said, I hope that we migrate towards a cashless economy with hopes of a reduction of direct taxes.
Yeah You're right, people would have been more forgiving if the execution wasn't as disappointing as they have done it. If the trouble for the common man on street was negligible nobody would have bothered about its effectiveness.

Yeah You're right, people would have been more forgiving if the execution wasn't as disappointing as they have done it. If the trouble for the common man on street was negligible nobody would have bothered about its effectiveness.

It doesn't matter anyway. They can do ANYTHING and get away with it now.[DOUBLEPOST=1501349752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dont forget, there used to be scams with the scrapped notes as well.

You're right, but how do past scams justify/condone current ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Yeah, the articles were deleted. I had the headline from India Times on my Google news feed, but the articles were made to vanish pretty quickly.

In any case these people at least declared income > 1 crore even though I would say that the figures are grossly understated by a factor of 10 or more, but then, there are also people like Nitin Gadkari whose declared income is < 2.5 lac, but yet manages to hire 50 chartered planes and spend an estimated 200 crore+ on his daughters wedding.

Hehe, but people will still keep talking about congress scams and making fun of pappu. Diversionary tactics...

Also, its pretty interesting to look at the filed affidavits of various politicians (all parties) on EC website. Its quite apparent how much they lie even on a sworn affidavit, but nobody including EC gives a damn. Leaving side the fact that they are not disqualified from the elections or holding office, lying on affidavit is itself a punishable offense with prison sentence of up to 7 years.

The ridiculous thing is that the die hard fans of their parties/politicians refuse to believe even what is being written and signed by their own favorite leaders.

I never thought i'd say this, but Pakistan's SC has trumped ours. I'm not sure about the motivations and background dealings behind the whole affair, but at least on the face of it, they've done something fantastic.

Our SC has been dilly dallying on the aadhaar issue for almost 2 years now, and in the meanwhile the govt. is adding more and more 'services' mandatory under aadhaar. At the end of it all, if the SC rules that aadhaar is indeed a negative (which I highly doubt it will) it will be moot, because the govt. would have most people registered for it by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
99% Of Banned 1000, 500 Rupee Notes Returned, Says RBI
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy...-not-return-till-march-reveals-rbi-1744008?fb

phata-poster-nikla-Zero.jpg

^^ from that article:

"1) The total expenditure of the Reserve Bank more than doubled to Rs. 31,155 crore in 2016-17 from Rs. 14,990 crore in 2015-16, primarily due to increase in expenditure on printing of new notes as a part of remonetisation of currency and provisions.

2) The total expenditure incurred on printing notes stood at Rs. 7,965 crore for the current year (July 2016 - June 2017) as against Rs. 3,420 crore during 2015-16. The upsurge in expenditure during the year was on account of change in the production plan of printing presses due to the introduction of new design notes in higher denominations as well as the requirement of larger volume of notes for replacement of the demonetised currency."

We, should sue the govt. for wasting our money unnecessarily.

^^ most definitely. This whole exercise has helped to whiten tons of black money. And the 2k notes also helped in replenishing their hoards at half the space. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back