Video Rs. 850 for TataSky new SuperLNB part?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
So, I have two TS+ HD STBs and one of them works fine while the other does not show a few channels, displaying "Your STB is not receiving signal" for only those few channels on only one STB.

Thing is this STB has only one cable which is split into two while I believe the working STB they put in two wires.

Service technician visited today and claimed that due to new channels being added the old LNB part attached to the dish needs to be replaced and this will resolve the issue and the cost will be Rs. 850.

Is this price OK? They will deduct the cost from my account balance when the replacement is done (they don't have the part right now).

I tried calling customer care number to ask if the price is correct - their response is the technician will tell you the price and it will be the right one :D

Thanks. Even I was thinking of one STB works but not the other then LNB should surely be fine, but I realised the working STB has the double wire connected while non-working STB has the single wire with splitter. And I'm a bit hesitant to play around with the unlocked menu options myself :D

Plus I've heard (read on some of the forums) this so-called Super LNB gives better signal quality (better HD picture quality) so I'm inclined to go with the replacement - just wanted to check if the cost is OK? (Though from reading some other posts online - seems to be OK)

Reviving an old thread. Is there any place I can buy the Super LNB which i believe is this?

I would like to receive signal on 3 receivers which i guess the SuperLNB will let me do. The alternate will be to buy a Quad port LNB but then I will need to run 4 cables.

Reviving an old thread. Is there any place I can buy the Super LNB which i believe is this?

I would like to receive signal on 3 receivers which i guess the SuperLNB will let me do. The alternate will be to buy a Quad port LNB but then I will need to run 4 cables.

I think you should get it from your DTH provider only. As for Quad LNB or lesser, it does not matter, you can run on lesser wires. I have a dual LNB which was replaced free of cost by Airtel.

Back