Car & Bike RTO Address Proof Issues.. How to Get it done?

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Hi guys,
Posting on TE after very long time .. i shifted to Navi Mumbai last year and working here now.. Currently i am staying in a rented flat and thought about getting a vehicle here..

Now once i finalized about it and asked agents whether i can buy vehicle based on the address proof i have ( Lease agreement and electricity bill ), they said RTO does not accept non registered agreement as address proof :arghh: .. It is notarized and police NOC verified but not accepted. The electricity bill is not on my name but society's name. So it is also not accepted..

Since registration of agreement is optional for 11 months period , this RTO policy seems to be just a way to get more bribe, as they are saying if i pay 4-5k i can get two wheeler registered based on it .. I said no for it.

After asking many agents they said that i can get LIC policy / mobile bill as address proof. My other documents are already on my permanent address and dont want to get them changed.

Now i have applied for LIC policy but it will take time to get that, approx 1-1.5 months. Will get postpaid connection address changed to show the bill as address proof. But this process will take long time..

But the stupid thing is that based on same rent agreement i am able to get other documents made, why the RTO cannot accept these documents directly :mad:

Anyone has idea for any workaround ? Is bank passbook also accepted as address proof by RTO ? some agents said its accepted so i have got another account with this address ..

It has to be nationalized bank and 6 months transactions have to be on the passbook.
If in case its not possible, I dont see any legal way you can sort this out as RTO is notorious in this regards.
4 to 5 years back i had got this done in just 1.2k . 4 to 5 k is way too high but mine was a transfer of vehicle ( car ) from one state to another
( andheri rto )

Do you have aadhar card ?

lol for normal vehicle transfer ( KALYAN RTO ) , RTO agents are asking around 1-2k here.

yes i have aadhar card but that has my permanent address .. there is option to update address online, but i dont know how much time that update will take , and then how much time it will take to get the updated aadhar card..

now i have opened an account in state bank with new documents, but the passbook wont have six months transactions :( .. also got account in axis bank , but it doesn't issue passbook and address change will be a hassle in that..

If they don't issue passbook, account statement with your photo and stamp from the bank should do the trick but that ain't a nationalized bank so I don't know if they will consider it.

Rto in TamilNadu accept an affidavit from notary public or magistrate stating your address. You can use that to change address in your driving license?

That should take 3-4 days tops

Same Maharashtra RTOs now no longer accept their own issued licenses as address or photo id proof. Learned this while giving the car for registration

I am facing a similar issue. Can any member from delhi help me to get an agent/dalal contact from mall road authority rto office or any agent who can help me sort out my issue..
My issue is i purchased a bike in hyderabad. now i swapped my job to delhi, so i took NOC from hyderabad rto for delhi registration and brought my bike to delhi. Unfortunately, the RTO department is asking the address proof of delhi though i dont have any address proof of here except rental agreement. I can pay the charges but i just need my work to get done. Hope I will get some help or some agents contacts from delhi people here.

I am facing a similar issue. Can any member from delhi help me to get an agent/dalal contact from mall road authority rto office or any agent who can help me sort out my issue..
My issue is i purchased a bike in hyderabad. now i swapped my job to delhi, so i took NOC from hyderabad rto for delhi registration and brought my bike to delhi. Unfortunately, the RTO department is asking the address proof of delhi though i dont have any address proof of here except rental agreement. I can pay the charges but i just need my work to get done. Hope I will get some help or some agents contacts from delhi people here.

Rental agreement should work, shouldn't it. I got my PAN Card made in Delhi by just using the rental agreement.

Rental agreement should work, shouldn't it. I got my PAN Card made in Delhi by just using the rental agreement.
nope...they are not accepting it at any cost..i guess u got ur PAN card because PAN card is address independent (no address is printed on PAN) so it cannot be used as your permanent address proof.

robo i know this may be against your view, but try n pay the cash as low as possible and get your work done. everything else just just take up more time and if u end up pissing off the officer it might get delayed further ... at the end of the day.. if they want to refuse even with proper docs they can and they do also most of the times, i remember a cousin of mine had just shifted into a flat of his own name .. and he didnt pay the guy who comes for verification for a new passport, he was running round offices for 3 months and not getting anything, finally gave up, then applied through another agent payed and now i think he has his passport. i know its a diff thing all together but thats how offices function here.... u pay up or u cant get work done.... sometimes they will even misplace your application as a last resort and u will haveto file everything again. thhink about it. at the end of the day its your call... if i were in ur place and i didnt have a few docs which might be required .... id try to navigate through the most easiest route possible for me to get my work done. time = money

i haven't purchased the vehicle yet coz i was confused about documents, finally i have got a passbook made and a mobile bill on this address.. will check with agents if this is enough..
Rent agreement registration is optional for less than 12 months lease.. but still RTO doesn't accept non registered ones.. i guess agents don't want to get it done even if it is accepted and charge high on this basis.. it makes no sense to get it registered as i will need to pay 2-3k for that also..

Back