Rumor : Nokia working on Android Flagship

Onemufc

Skilled
A little too late with the market dynamics changing a lot with players like Xiaomi, one plus, etc coming in. But Motorola showed how it can still be done. Nevertheless, would be good to see how it fares. Pricing, again, would hold the key.
What was stopping Nokia when they were still the top dog to venture into android and ditching the dated symbian? Lack of vision?

wow, it still feels like a dream, but if Nokia does this, its never to late for them to get back in the game. And finally we can buy android handsets that are solidly built and have great design! pick up any lumia built by nokia in the recent past and feel its build quality!all the best nokia!keeping my fingers crossed!

I think Window UI was the biggest drawback and many people just couldnt operate it properly. I am talking about those who prefer company and dont deal with custom ROM's.

How old is this news?
Now nokia brand doesnt exist.

They have sold only their Cell phone unit to Microsoft. The parent company is still there. I'm not sure of their operating sectors but Telecommunication sector is one of them. If the initial Post says it right, then probably they may well be able to start reusing Nokia branding on phones post 2016.

They should design a kickass phone and use the invite-only model used by OnePlus. I'm sure they will be back in the race by the end of 2017.

Having the Nokia brand is moot in this case since the targets (i.e. geeks and tech nerds) will be the one marketing the product for them. Come up with some cool brand name like Lumia. Everyone would know who's behind the brand with the help of viral marketing. This may sound corny, but they can still be Nokia without being Nokia.

They allowed microsoft the rights to use the name Nokia for 10 years, but they retain the company name. And Microsoft has changed name of windows phone to lumia if I remember so Nokia branding is free for Nokia to use. Point is the hardware more than anything else.

Nokia needs to look at Xiaomi's business model for MI3 / MI4 and start from the scratch for their flagship. Exciting news though.

Nokia needs to look at Xiaomi's business model for MI3 / MI4 and start from the scratch for their flagship. Exciting news though.
Xiaomi works cause its the only one using that model. More like them will make the model redundant. Others realize that, hence you only see OnePlus using the same, but a bit modified model.

Xiaomi works cause its the only one using that model. More like them will make the model redundant. Others realize that, hence you only see OnePlus using the same, but a bit modified model.
Xiaomi's model ain't bad too. They sell exclusively via online channels. Nokia can try that too. Unlike OnePlus and Xiaomi, Nokia needn't start from scratch.

With this new model they can also release some experimental models such as N800 without fearing whether they'll sell or not.

Xiaomi's model ain't bad too. They sell exclusively via online channels. Nokia can try that too. Unlike OnePlus and Xiaomi, Nokia needn't start from scratch.

With this new model they can also release some experimental models such as N800 without fearing whether they'll sell or not.
Yes I get that, My point is, its not a model that can sustain if multiple companies use it. I mean selling directly is one thing, but low cost require high volume and if there are many selling at low cost, then they wont get a high volume.

Micromax and others have been skimping on quality and not restricting features deliberately (Flash , front cam) so they sell, but multiple, hight quality sellers wont live. Yes, Nokia with cutting edge hardware will have enough differentiation and selling directly will allow higher margins, but they aren't touching Xiaomi levels or One plus without making the whole segment collapse.

I think its too late for Nokia. Nokia is Dead.
I think they should reinvent themselves into something totally different...Nokia was first founded as a Lumber Mill Company!

I think its too late for Nokia. Nokia is Dead.
I think they should reinvent themselves into something totally different...Nokia was first founded as a Lumber Mill Company!

Nothing is never dead.. All it takes is one good phone to turn things around.

When everyone thought Blackberry mobile devices are as good as dead.. their newly launched Passport is said to be having unanticipated demand and the company is striving hard to meet it.

Back