Rumor : Nokia working on Android Flagship

Xiaomi works cause its the only one using that model. More like them will make the model redundant. Others realize that, hence you only see OnePlus using the same, but a bit modified model.

OPO's never settle promotions + invite system were terribly screwed up initially but at least they are better now. But Nokia can be adventurous and see which model works for them. If they can create something like MI3 / MI4 with stock Android and price it aggressively who knows what could happen.

Wat ever is left of Nokia is not Nokia and all can be blamed on Elop.
The present day Nokia is 99% Microsoft.
The Symbian guys went off to make Sailfish.
And now wer hearing rumors of Nokia working on an Android device whereas just a week back Microsoft announced there will not be anymore "Nokia" branded mobiles.
Microsoft is not going to spin off Nokia(with Android) into a different headset maker to cannibalize its own Windows Phone mobiles market share,which is not that great to speak of.
You have to remember,there is no more a "Nokia" Brand.
So the only thing Microsoft can do now is use Nokia's patents and expertise and try to make good Windows Mobile phones.

Last edited:
Wat ever is left of Nokia is not Nokia and all can be blamed on Elop.
The present day Nokia is 99% Microsoft.
The Symbian guys went off to make Sailfish.
And now wer hearing rumors of Nokia working on an Android device whereas just a week back Microsoft announced there will not be anymore "Nokia" branded mobiles.
Microsoft is not going to spin off Nokia(with Android) into a different headset maker to cannibalize its own Windows Phone mobiles market share,which is not that great to speak of.
You have to remember,there is no more a "Nokia" Brand.
So the only thing Microsoft can do now is use Nokia's patents and expertise and try to make good Windows Mobile phones.
Can you not go there.

Go where?
The history and elop bashing. Trying to have a constructive discussion here. Check details of Nokia sale to see how it worked. Nokia is the name of the company. Microsoft has usage rights for 10 years details are not clear if nokia can use it or not. Mocrosof has stopped using it if i remember. its Microsoft Lumia now.

I don't think Nokia would announce any plans to re-entry the smartphone business anytime soon. They might re-enter in 2016 or later with Nokia branded smartphones.

I think its too late for Nokia. Nokia is Dead.
I think they should reinvent themselves into something totally different...Nokia was first founded as a Lumber Mill Company!

Nokia as a brand for mobile phones is still alive, Microsoft will continue using the Nokia brand name for their feature phones. According to the agreement with Microsoft, Nokia can launch smartphones from 2016 with the Nokia branding if they wish to do so.

I don't think Nokia would announce any plans to re-entry the smartphone business anytime soon. They might re-enter in 2016 or later with Nokia branded smartphones.

Nokia as a brand for mobile phones is still alive, Microsoft will continue using the Nokia brand name for their feature phones. According to the agreement with Microsoft, Nokia can launch smartphones from 2016 with the Nokia branding if they wish to do so.

That stupid elop was a microsoft mole in nokia,,,nokia should have never partnered with microsoft in the first place.
That said windows os is the smoothest os ever made ,,,too bad it has few apps and a not so good looking interface

Exactly. Microsoft is not using "Nokia". Nokia is not using "Nokia".
ie: Nokia is Dead.
The rumours if true would suggest otherwise. They're dead now for all practical purposes, but you can consider it as hibernation. That's a better word for their situation now. They can still pull through if they put their mind through it. Not everyone at Nokia has left. Only their mobile division (Nokia Devices and Services) was sold to Miscrosoft. They still have Nokia Networks, HERE and Nokia Technologies divisions with them.

if Nokia is coming up with an android flagship, I will definitely buy it. for me nokia meant ruggedness and good camera. even the lumia series was very nice to feel and hold. all the current flagship phones except for sony are fragile and plasticky... Nokia did a big mistake sticking with symbian and then getting bought by MS.

Nokia if planning to come back will surely bounce back as they are known for their sturdy hardware specs, looks, battery life and their major selling aspect the camera. :cool: It may be late entrant into android segment now but as it goes..better late than never... But it'll take time..maybe past 2k17 or so. They dont even need to start from scratch, they got their own brands and are pioneer in cellphone technologies. They just need to work in the android part and come with something unique. :angelic:

Now that lollipop is out, Nokia may release something as a beta or final may past 3-5 android os. :brb:

Nokia should remember their are still tons of Nokia lovers round the world and if they really come back they'll surely once again be the favorites.:)

Even lumia uses borrowed technology from Nokia hence their cams are simply superb. (MS is known for stealing technologies) Still lumia is a great phone & with a good os.

Wish you good luck Nokia!!!

thats a good information. I moved to Android and iOS long back but Nokia is still my primary phone because its built to last,has a great signal reception and is feature-packed; dont even want to start with their carl-zeiss camera optics.. I'm kind of stuck with a 4 yr old Nokia N8 which is like the last best N series phone they built before they jumped into windows OS and stuffs and this phone has features that put even the iphone or most of the android phones to shame. Apps availability is what made the world move to Android and iOS and if Nokia can put together a good handset with today's mobile operating system then it will be a winner.

I don't believe they are completely done for - Just look at Motorola, or even Apple who almost completely fell apart in the late 80s. However, I think any chance of a comeback is largely dependent on whether they can use the Nokia name or not.

Nokia is Dead.
Nokia Announces $249 N1 Lollipop Tablet. :p
https://twitter.com/nokia/status/534643184215662592
7.9-inch screen and 64-bit 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Z3580 CPU. 2048 x 1536 resolution, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 8 MP camera at the back and 5 MP shooter at the front, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO, stereo speakers and 5,300 mAh

:D :D

Nokia will be licensing its name to Foxconn, who will be handling the engineering, marketing and sales of the Nokia N1

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...ntel-processor-reversible-microusb-connector/

N1 is an impressive tablet to say the least. It follows in the Nexus 9's footsteps with a 4:3 aspect ratio display, though with a wee-bit smaller size at 7.9" and a resolution of 2048x1536. Under the hood is an Intel 64-bit Atom Processor Z3580, with 4 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz, a PowerVR G6430 graphics chip, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 5300 mAh battery. Two stereo speakers sit at the bottom of the tablet, with a Type-C reversible Micro-USB connector in the middle.
nokia_n1_06C

The tablet's design is highly reminiscent of the original iPhone, with an anodized aluminum back and a black front. It's only 6.9mm thick, weighs 318g, and comes in two color variants, "Natural Aluminum," and "Lava Gray."

As for the software, it's running what seems to be unadulterated Android 5.0 with Nokia's Z Launcher (which isn't half bad) on top. Pricing is set at $249, which is quite a steal for these specs. But it seems that this N1 hasn't received Google's blessing and you will have to rely on either third-party app stores to get your apps, or wait for root to get your Gapps fix.

Back