Rumor: Xiaomi RedMi Note 'may be' sending your SMS & photos to Chinese Servers

Jo pakda gaya wo chor . I dont think we have anything hidden. Whatever is in our phone is already out there. While installing apps in our phones we share not only our information but also our contacts info . Even Apple was keeping a track of its users which they later said was a software glitch . But then the hype has been made and this will hurt a bit for Xiaomi esp in the sales.
I hope you are not serious. Other asks for your permission, consent. Unlike Xiaomi. Zameen aasmaan ka farqh hai bhai :facepalm:

I know Avi. But there are only two options . Either install the app and lets them know everything or click on cancel and stay in peace .
Maybe other manufacturers might be doing the same,who knows . :p

I know Avi. But there are only two options . Either install the app and lets them know everything or click on cancel and stay in peace .
Maybe other manufacturers might be doing the same,who knows . :p
Use open source stuff! If you don't like Dropbox run your own cloud service, there are many alternatives!

well, instead of speculating all these things why dont we look at the ip traces of the phone and decide? All I can see that mi has opened up a connection to the cloud. it doesnt mean it is uploading the data. It could even be that some noob programmer forgot to close an open connection and its just a leak. until and unless we see the packets being transmitted to the cloud, we should not conclude that it is sending personal details to the chinese cloud.

Looks like GSMArena has apologized for the unsubstantiated story and Xiaomi has responded on their Facebook page denying this.

What Xiaomi's explanation to all the talk currently is all too stupid, just saving their face infront of everyone, its not because their Chinese all other have done denied it, accepted and we have learned to move on.

Currently I guess, I went a little paranoid when I saw the Explorer folder being accessed, only way out is to install a firewall, that is stable and strong, if possible remove their default antivirus and install something reliable, please just dont stick to the reviews, they speak half truth, cos of course they are paid to write them! I am not a technical guy to research more, but if someone is really interested would like to know what the root of the problem.

Now those people who are happy about what ever is being sent to anywhere, that is then a personal choice, all apps irrespective collect, transmit, use data for various purposes. Be happy atleast we have various options to block than get into more damage than certain closed platforms!

The rumour is now confirmed by F-secure, Xiaomi RedMi is actually sending your data

W6Ss0uN.jpg

What data is being sent?
  • IMEI Number of your phone
  • IMSI Number (through MI Cloud)
  • Your contacts and their details
  • Text Messages

Back