Graphic Cards RX480 priced at 30.4k in India

That rx 480 page was removed from mdcomputers. But its back now & it seems they are taking preorders for the same price.
If someone here is from kolkata & can visit them then please go & kick their ass.
Capture.JPG

It's available at other shops in Kolkata as well. Lots of cards on display and that's a respite. Have not managed to get quotes yet. Waiting till 29th.

I called mdcomputers to confirm price of 8gb rx 480. They are saying 30400 & will be available for pickup after 2pm. F**k them.
Called primeabgb too. They haven't received stocks or price details yet.

I called mdcomputers to confirm price of 8gb rx 480. They are saying 30400 & will be available for pickup after 2pm. F**k them.
Called primeabgb too. They haven't received stocks or price details yet.

Damn this makes the GTX 1070 at around 39 K look like a good deal...

Damn this makes the GTX 1070 at around 39 K look like a good deal...
Its 38k here in mumbai for 1070 zotac amp.

I was thinking of buying couple of rx 380. But now these guys have screwed it.
Will wait for couple of weeks hoping for price will fall. Otherwise will just import them. That way they will be way cheaper.

even then the prices here are about 2x the USD converted prices.

Yes, even considering all the import duty, taxes, middlemen expenses 30k for a 16k card is insane. I mean it isn't exactly miles above the 970. The local pricing could make or break this card in India. DX12 performance is good though. However, the 1060 is also coming out very soon, NVidia won't let go of the mid range segment that easily.

MDcomputers had lowered the price to 27.2k for 8 gb but still its very high. I guess they will try to loot as much as possible till other sellers gets their hands on rx 480 & put it up at right prices.

MDcomputers had lowered the price to 27.2k for 8 gb but still its very high. I guess they will try to loot as much as possible till other sellers gets their hands on rx 480 & put it up at right prices.

Lol still 10k more than the suggested retail price in USD. Should be around 22k at best.

After seeing the benchmark results, only an uninformed die hard AMD fan will buy this.

Lol still 10k more than the suggested retail price in USD. Should be around 22k at best.

After seeing the benchmark results, only an uninformed die hard AMD fan will buy this.
Yup 22k is fine for a 8gb one.
If you see the above benchmarks its around gtx 980 level in every dx 12 game. So i guess its future proof :p
Anyways if the 4gb comes at a 18k/19k it will be a great buy.

One has to be a bigger idiot than those people buying Founders edition cards to get it at these prices, will have to ask my friend coming in from the US around Nov to pick one up for me, I've waited over a year for an upgrade another 5 months won't hurt.

Back