Graphic Cards RX480 priced at 30.4k in India

NDTV Source

AMD has announced pricing of Rs. 28,990 for reference Radeon RX 480 graphics cards with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM in India, but that figure comes with a surprising disclaimer which states "Please note that the announced price doesn't factor duty, freight, distribution margins, retailer margins, local taxes etc." Considering that the global price of $239 works out to approximately Rs. 16,120, there should be no reason for such a wide price gap. Asus, Sapphire, Gigabyte, MSI and PowerColor will be releasing reference Radeon RX 480 cards as well as versions with their own cooling solutions, but stocks are not expected to be available in the market for a few weeks, according to a channel source Gadgets 360 spoke with.

ARE YOU &#($!&% KIDDING ME?!?!

Talk about how to shoot yourself in the foot. They could have at least made it cheaper than the 970. The situation is same everywhere outside of US. Most international pricing puts it above the 970 and 390, which makes it difficult to claim the "value king" title. If the 1060 comes out at 35k price point this will be a washout.

Talk about how to shoot yourself in the foot. They could have at least made it cheaper than the 970. The situation is same everywhere outside of US. Most international pricing puts it above the 970 and 390, which makes it difficult to claim the "value king" title. If the 1060 comes out at 35k price point this will be a washout.

No Point really, we can source the GTX 1070 at around 38 - 39 K, which would be a far better buy than any of these

Those who have contacts can get these imported, the others who rely on rely on local availability should either bite the bullet or wait indefenitely

Yeah, import the RX 480 (and the AIB version at that... the stock components aren't that great apparently) or buy the local GTX 1070 (non-Founders edition)

If the prices were actually like this in India :arghh:

Btw its Newegg website.

Capture.JPG

Sigh.. I am still not sure how they managed to achieve an almost double pricing in India for the 480.
They think they can rule mid range. But only till 1060 surfaces I guess. AMD has done it in the past and they will do it again - a price cut after they see Nvidias response to this.

They think they can rule mid range. But only till 1060 surfaces I guess. AMD has done it in the past and they will do it again - a price cut after they see Nvidias response to this.

Wonder if this is due to AMD regional pricing or the distributor pricing it this high?

Can we start a group order maybe. I really need a GFX card but i'm not paying double.
A single rx 480 costs 23k after customs. But we if order like 5 the price comes down to 19k per gpu.
But currently there is no point in importing reference ones. Better wait for some custom ones like the Asus strix.[DOUBLEPOST=1467305233][/DOUBLEPOST]
I doubt AMD would botch their one opportunity to finally make money, probably distributors and retailers ripping us off.
Data on Zauba shows per unit prices at around 15k, absolutely no reason to price it above 21k after taxes.
https://www.zauba.com/import-rx-480-hs-code.html

Some are saying amd have instructed to sell on that price. But i seriously think its just retailers ripping us off.

To be honest, lets face it. A $200 card which offers near high end gaming would make sense for a lot of gamers in 3rd world countries where budgets are limited.

I would think AMD is shooting itself in the foot allowing its distributors to sell this with such a high mark up and literally pricing themselves beyond mainstream buyers. Especially when the company isn't doing that great.

Hopefully this is just due to production not meeting demand currently and this would drop down once the markets have stabilized.

Back