Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
GSkillz Tridentz 3000Mmz 16Gb
Zotac 1070 ti Amp Edition
Adata SX8200 Pro 512 Gb
Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb
Corsair CS650M 650W
Fractal - Design Meshify C

The temps of AMD processor even during Idle spikes to 63 C with the speed going to 4.2 Ghz
I did a stress test with Heavyload and it maxed at 84 C with speeds of 3.9Ghz

I turned off the auto OC in Bios and the temps at Idle maxed at 44 C and in stress test at 64 C.

I'm using the stock cooler, 2x 120mm intake fan in the front & 1x 120mm exhaust fan in the rear.
The top is open and protected by the magnetic mess filter. The front is fully mesh.

While installing the stock cooler, i did not change the thermal paste that was pre-applied. I did have trouble installing it but after a couple of tries manged to get it in correctly.

The RAM profile is 2933 Mhz, i changed it from the BIOS & all fans are not 'Smart Fan' Mode

My primary concerns is should i keep the auto OC on for the high temps and better performance or keep it off for better temps. My system will be used for gaming on 1080p @ 60Hz at Max setting for the time being and in the future for 1440p @ 144Hz or 1080p @ 144Hz in 6 months.

How much difference of a performance can i expect in Auto OC & Non OC modes in terms of FPS & Stability.

Back