Budget 41-50k S/w Development machine

Wish you good luck and happy RIG hunting. Cheerio!

P.S. -- If you wish to tag anybody in your posts --> @<by name / user ID>, e.g. @subdeveloper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info ALPHA17and others. I'm now coordinating with havoknation to assemble the system. I may get some parts from my vendor too, since he's been coordinating for over 15 days now, and it won't be ethical to leave him :D
@subdeveloper it was nice meeting you yesterday. Coming weekend would be a dream for you :)

oh. i was wonderig how to tag.. i was not able to find in Advanced UI.. :D thx @ALPHA17

@havoknation yes indeed it will be :)...

BTW guys i'm thoroughly confused among i5 3570K and i5 2500K (price diff is approx Rs. 3000)... i am not planning to OC for now.. which one would be a good investment? And I would be going for a K seriese proc... very little difference, thus why to limit myself?

Any help?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

BTW its like a never ending debate topic....i5 2500K [SB] or i5 3570K [IB] :(

I see! I think I'm goin with i5 2500K + AsRock Z77 Exreme 6 for now... since Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 have 2k difference in price.. but as read Extreme 6 is a full size board and it has few extra ports/slots.

I see! I think I'm goin with i5 2500K + AsRock Z77 Exreme 6 for now... since Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 have 2k difference in price.. but as read Extreme 6 is a full size board and it has few extra ports/slots.

Even the Extreme4 is a full-ATX form-factor motherboard. Upto you though.

@ALPHA17.. oh i mean to say its size is a little less than standard full ATX... thus we cannot put screws one one corner of the board. Again this is based on various posts/articles I read. They say thus its not fixed very nicely and i think it may vibrate a little due to this. Not sure though :D

Apart from this is it worth spending extra 2K?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

and yaa forgot to mention.. for KeyBoard I would be using Razer BlackWidow.. bought it 2 weeks back..:)... n monitor.. mostly Dell 2007fp Non-Wide

@ALPHA17.. oh i mean to say its size is a little less than standard full ATX... thus we cannot put screws one one corner of the board. Again this is based on various posts/articles I read. They say thus its not fixed very nicely and i think it may vibrate a little due to this. Not sure though :D

In that case I think your decision to go ahead with the Extreme6 is a good-call. I hope you have arranged for a decent support in case something screws-up [God forbid it].

Congrats mate, your RIG is shaping up rather excellently, Cheerio!

Thanks to you all budds out here.. it seemed like impossible without the expert opinion + the support when talking these decisions! as u always say... "Cheerio Techenclave!" :)

hey!!! finally the dream come true :).. m proud to present you my config...

Intel i5 2500K
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6
Zotac Nvidia GForce GTx 550Ti
G.Skill RipJaws 1600MHz 4 GB x 2
Corsair TX 650 M
NZXT Phantom 410 Black
Led fans + additional Sunbeam LEDs
Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard
Dell U2312 HM Ultrasharp Widescreen monitor

WOW!! Thanks everyone for the great great help... i'm soo much excited feeling like a small kid again!....

Special thanks to @ALPHA17 and @havoknation... :yahoo:

subdeveloper

you are welcome any time ;)
Now mouse and mouse pad is left :x

and do not forget a 4 or 6 outlet universal spike power outlet (with individual ON/OFF switches) ;) MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

So congrats on choosing a well balanced system. Do keep us posted on it's performance ...... esp the well acclaimed Asrock Z77 Extreme 6. Later on you can add an SSD for blazing speed & performance.

Cheers .......... and oops I do not see any HDD in your final build ........ R you going da Cloud way directly :bleh:

oops I do not see any HDD in your final build ........ R you going da Cloud way directly :bleh:

lol.. thanks for the pointer @terence_fdes, tat seems to be a good idea too :D... glad @havoknation rescued me :p

BTW i'll consider a good UPS, since i don't have any.. not sure if it has more than 2 power outlets, else i'll club it with a good Spike... any better ones than MH ?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

and on the feedback.. one immediate feedback on AsRock Z77 Extreme 6.. is the XFastUSB, when used in turbo mode actually *degrades* USB 3.0 performance... although this is a initial feedback, would do more research on it...

If i turn "Turbo" on in XFastUSB UI the USB 3.0 trasnsfer rate comes down to 17-25 MBps
If its turned off the USB 3.0 transfer rate goes back to 100-130 MBps

I've tested it against WD 500 GB USB 3.0 drive

@subdeveloper good spike-buster strips are available from Belkin. Though they do not have the individual power-switch per-outlet design.

For the UPS, look no further than APC, these guys have a wicked after sales network.

Hope this helped and have a good time with your new machine. Cheerio!

subdeveloper good spike-buster strips are available from Belkin. Though they do not have the individual power-switch per-outlet design.

For the UPS, look no further than APC, these guys have a wicked after sales network.

Hope this helped and have a good time with your new machine. Cheerio!

Belkin is a great (if not the best brand), sadly they have overlooked this option on all their power-strips

lol.. thanks for the pointer terence_fdes, tat seems to be a good idea too :D... glad havoknation rescued me :p

BTW i'll consider a good UPS, since i don't have any.. not sure if it has more than 2 power outlets, else i'll club it with a good Spike... any better ones than MH ?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

and on the feedback.. one immediate feedback on AsRock Z77 Extreme 6.. is the XFastUSB, when used in turbo mode actually *degrades* USB 3.0 performance... although this is a initial feedback, would do more research on it...

If i turn "Turbo" on in XFastUSB UI the USB 3.0 trasnsfer rate comes down to 17-25 MBps
If its turned off the USB 3.0 transfer rate goes back to 100-130 MBps

I've tested it against WD 500 GB USB 3.0 drive

Definately go in for a UPS (especially if your area is prone to power fluctuations/outages) & do not confuse a UPS with a simple 4-6 Individual Input Power Strip ........ the latter which I consider an absolute neccessity, is often a device overlooked by many. You can even use this power strip connected from a UPS output point.

Not very often would we already be having a 4-6 outlet points Ready Power Connection on our wall. Usually one has just 1 or 2 outlets .....thus we end up resorting to using 1-2 simple three-pin multi-socket plugs to jam all our connections.

The advantages of having Invividual Power-On Off buttons is that besides the PC-Cabinet & Monitor & at times a Modem - no other peripheral device needs to be kept continuously on, i.e whenever the PC is at use (Printer; Speaker's; Any External HDD's).......... Having "Invividual Power-On Off buttons" gives one the flexibility to power them ON only when required.

lastly about the Asrock XFast USB not (really) being FAST is news to me.... Thanks

Ok.. to be precise.. do i need to consider the ampere thing while choosing a spike.. as when i look at Corsair Tx 665 M power cord, it says 13A.. to which i assume its 13 ampere.

Similarly my dell power cord seems to be of 5A (i guess).

Now when i buy a UPS/Power strip.. do they need to be 15 Amp or less? and another very noob question is: will a multi socket Spike (belkin/MH) affect the available AMP to my devices? Can i plug my 5Amp Monitor cable into 15 Amp Spike,(along with 13Amp PSU socket) ?

Back