CPU/Mobo S478 PCI-E mobo?

Params7

Skilled
I need to purchase a new Mobo now since the one which i have right now is AGP. Here is the processor as by CPU-Z -

What should i do now, any good PCI-E mobo available for it?

You cancheck out this mobo from Asus..P4RD1-MX..
- Support Socket 478 CPU
- ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Northbridge + ULI M1573 Southbridge
- Dual channel DDR400
- Integrated ATI RADEON X300 GPU (DirectX 9)
- PCI-Express Architecture
- 4 SATA (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, JBOD)

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=0&model=771&modelmenu=1

Edit: Also if you want, you can go for the 915P chipset based Asus P4GD1..
P5 Ai Proactive Series
-Intel 915P chipset
-PCI Express Architecture
-Dual-Channel DDR400
-High Definition Audio
-4 Ports Serial ATA & IDE RAID
-AI NOSâ„¢
-AI NET2
http://in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=27&model=167&modelmenu=1

This is a much better ocer than the radeon based mobo..:) Hope that helps..

go for the 915P chipset based Asus P4GD1..

I dont know how much it will cost. Find that out from your dealer.

My guess would be around 5-6K. Then spend the remaining money the 7600GT which Darky is getting.... that costs 15K. And the mobo is for say 6K, then total is 21K. you are ready to spend 18K. So spend the extra 3K and get a nice config

Nikhil said:
go for the 915P chipset based Asus P4GD1..

I dont know how much it will cost. Find that out from your dealer.

My guess would be around 5-6K. Then spend the remaining money the 7600GT which Darky is getting.... that costs 15K. And the mobo is for say 6K, then total is 21K. you are ready to spend 18K. So spend the extra 3K and get a nice config
:clap: Thanks a LOT Nikhil (and Caayottee). It'll all sorted out now. :hap2:

Say, is 7600gt the best deal for 15K ?
Maybe he should wait for some time. All those getting the x1900xt would put up their cards for sale.

Nikhil said:
Dont get your hopes too high Params :p First find out the price of that mobo.... and it's availability

I'll search the best i can for it and hopefuly i'll find any of those two listed motherboards, the p4gd1 was listed on the India part of Asus site so its being shipped here. Although there's always room for more Mobo reccomendations if there are any more :p

And if anybody knows a good place in Delhi to start searching then please tell. i'll start with Nehru Place first.

Well, they could..... I mean, DJ has a GTO2 to get rid off, Switch has an X850 XT PE, Funky and Darky got rid of their cards already.....

but in case you dont want to wait, then 7600GT is the best.

If no one is selling a 7800GT, then no point in waiting for them to sell their cards.

a 7600GT is almost as good as the X850 XT PE......

no.... it is better than a 6800GS which is better than a 6800GT.

So you see..... better than a 6800GS. when you oc it, it will be almost as good as the X850 XT PE>

zhopudey said:
Maybe he should wait for some time. All those getting the x1900xt would put up their cards for sale.
And why would that happen :p

Also 7600GT will beat X850XT PE in SM3 games, for SM2 I feel X850 will edge out + better IQ ;)

Back