All OS S8 screen dead in 2 months..samsung is only willing to repair it.

techspark

Disciple
I bought the phone 2 months ago and suddenly today the display has turned green and i cant do anything on the phone. The samsung service guy told me that he will open the phone n replace the display and he will provide additional 2 months of warranty apart from the normal warranty remaining.

I want to know is it okay to get a repaired phone? Should i push for a new phone? I have already tried but they are saying that they cant offer a replacement.

Can someone share their experience with samsung...have u got a replacement?
1615fbfc83f38ad785086054a9f7f59d.jpg

Thanks guys for your inputs. I guess repair is my only option. A friend of mine had a faulty power button on his iphone 6 n he got a brand new phone...i wished samsung was also this nice.

Thanks guys for your inputs. I guess repair is my only option. A friend of mine had a faulty power button on his iphone 6 n he got a brand new phone...i wished samsung was also this nice.
Samsung or any other oems can never match apple service quality, I personally don't like apple products but their service is top notch

9 months after buying iphone 6 plus in India, it developed touch disease in US. Went to Apple store and got a brand new 6 Plus with warranty extended by one more year from the replacement date.
No other phone maker gives that kind of service, not even Google Pixel phones get that kinds of service

9 months after buying iphone 6 plus in India, it developed touch disease in US. Went to Apple store and got a brand new 6 Plus with warranty extended by one more year from the replacement date.
Wow..thats great...n here i m struggling to get a replacement for a 2 month old phone :(

I have had really bad service from Apple as well. So I wont say they are really good either. Wasted a whole lot of time on them.

Wow..thats great...n here i m struggling to get a replacement for a 2 month old phone :(

Are you / users of non apple branded products ready to pay premium for such kind of occasional replacement which must be happening in minority. I guess not. Atleast I wont. Instead of paying extra (accommodated in price itself so one doesnt see it extra) I would pay for a product and get it repaired in warranty if some issue arises. Also i read quite a few times, apple india wont even touch iphones purchased from abroad, in warranty period and even if user is ready to pay for it, they wont fix it. Is that great service?

Are you / users of non apple branded products ready to pay premium for such kind of occasional replacement which must be happening in minority. I guess not. Atleast I wont. Instead of paying extra (accommodated in price itself so one doesnt see it extra) I would pay for a product and get it repaired in warranty if some issue arises. Also i read quite a few times, apple india wont even touch iphones purchased from abroad, in warranty period and even if user is ready to pay for it, they wont fix it. Is that great service?
I don't think iphones are any more premium in terms of price than samsung. I got my S8 for Rs 58000 and apples iphone 7 was at Rs 60000 at that time with a 10k cashback on major credit cards. So samsung has priced their flagships as expensive as the apple flagships if not more.

They are repairing it though. Why do u want a replacement? As long as the replacement is done properly there shouldn't be a problem right?

They are repairing it though. Why do u want a replacement? As long as the replacement is done properly there shouldn't be a problem right?
I had an iphone once which was opened by a technician to fix the motherboard and after that i had tons of issues with the screen..the screen used to change color if it was touched a lil too hard on the top edge and after couple of months the entire screen lost its color.
I know this time around the repair will be done by authorized service center but somewhere i still feel once a phone is opened it is not the same phone and i hate the fact that in mere two months of usage it is being dismentaled for repair. :(

wouldn't repair make the phone not waterproof anymore?
I had the same query and as per the sc guy he told me they will replace the metal frame and sim tray along with the screen n retest the phone for waterproofing but still i dont trust how good their tests will be and how far the phone will stand against its original waterproofing capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sony phones have a service menu, where you can check for waterproofing. Basically, if you enter the menu and squeeze your phone and if the pressure in bars displayed there changes, the phone is still waterproof. If the pressure stays the same, the waterproofing is kaput. Not sure Sammy has this in the service menu, but it is something to check.

^Sony phones have a service menu, where you can check for waterproofing. Basically, if you enter the menu and squeeze your phone and if the pressure in bars displayed there changes, the phone is still waterproof. If the pressure stays the same, the waterproofing is kaput. Not sure Sammy has this in the service menu, but it is something to check.
yes they do similar test by some sorta pressure. my samsung was also repaired and maybe i din notice before but theres a slight gap in glas and bezel now. wide enuf to fit in a thin paper.[DOUBLEPOST=1504002703][/DOUBLEPOST]My 2 day old samung s7 had its power button fall outta the phone. service centre refused to repair or even replace it. i escalated to customer care but i never got a call back. then due to some other reason i had to get phone repair where they pull out the glass back and fix it. The phone somehow does not feel the same ever since psychologically.

Back