Samsung 15 TB SSD only for $10,000

aKp1

Disciple
Samsung 15 TB SSD
samsung-100648260-large.png

The SSD boasts random read and write speeds of up to 200,000 and 32,000 I/Os per second (IOPS), respectively, and it sports sequential read and write speeds of up to 1,200 Mbps. How fast is that? It’s more than twice the speed of your average, high-end consumer SSD.

Unveiled last year, Samsung’s PM1633a SSD comes in a 2.5-in. form factor, the same size drives used in today’s laptops. The “height” of the SSD—0.6-in or 15mm—is too thick to fit in the typical laptop. Laptop SSDs are typically 9mm, 7mm or 5mm in height (for ultrathin notebooks).

The PM1633a uses a 12Gbps Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface and the form factor lets enterprise storage administrators fit twice as many of the drives in a standard 19-inch, 2U rack, compared to an equivalent 3.5-in. storage drive.

Don’t need 15TB of capacity in a single drive? Later this year, Samsung expects to ship the PM1633a in 7.68TB, 3.84TB, 1.92TB, 960GB and 480GB capacities.

Today if we convert $ to INR, it is just 667399.5 INR

Nevertheless Here you can find it @cheapest!

Anyway guys, jokes aside but this might be a great storage solution for servers, cloud storage, file hosting instead of creating those big data centers!

Heed the price not the capacity.
Yes a 60TB drive exists and eventually a 100TB one will exist too, that's how technology goes.

http://www.newegg.com/Enterprise-SSDs/SubCategory/ID-2021
Nothing else even comes close to providing 12TB at the $10,000 mark, that too in a single drive.

I suspect it's a proper steal for enterprise level use.

OP broke everyone's sarcasm meter with that 'Only' in the thread title.
He wasn't joking ;).

Forget 8,15 or Even 60TB, pretty much useless for Consumer purposes.
SSD isn't still in that affordable category for Normal consumers. 512GB SSD for Boot drive + 8 to 10TB SSHD is a lot i guess.

I have been using a 1TB SSD for quite some time now. These days, for normal use, I find processor or RAM upgrades useless, whether it is a laptop or a desktop and the only thing I, as an enthusiast would spend money on, would be an SSD.
I moved from a 256GB MBA to a basic Lenovo laptop just so I could get more SSD space. Even this 1TB is getting filled up and I don't even keep stuff saved up anymore. I am thinking of adding another 1TB SSD in place of the DVD drive.
Reliability is a big reason for me to go for SSDs. They can handle a lot more no of writes and hence I might even use one for my CCTV recordings. Just need to save up some money and go crazy on Black Friday. 512GB and 1TB SSDs are becoming more and more affordable, especially if you can get someone to carry them for you from US. I spent 31k for my SSD and just 35k on my laptop but I don't regret moving to this setup from my MBA. Just feels a little heavy when travelling. I am thinking of picking up an older MBP, the ones which still came with regular SSD/HDD slots or a cheap ultrabook which isn't too cumbersome to carry.

Forget 8,15 or Even 60TB, pretty much useless for Consumer purposes.
SSD isn't still in that affordable category for Normal consumers. 512GB SSD for Boot drive + 8 to 10TB SSHD is a lot i guess.
Ssds are taking far too long to become affordable enough to replace hdds altogether.
Its roughly $40 for a 100gb atm.

These massive 20% price drops at the enterprise level need to trickle down to the consumer market fast.

Back