Android Samsung announces Budget Galaxy phones with KitKat – Core II, Star 2, Ace 4, and Young 2

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Link: http://webtrickz.com/samsung-announ...t-core-ii-star-2-ace-4-and-young-2-comparison
Specifications Comparison between Galaxy Core II, Galaxy Star 2, Galaxy Ace 4, and Galaxy Young 2 –

2ev9htx.png

Seems like Samsung is going the Nokia way with their budget line-up.

Last edited:
Imho, they shouldnt use the name Galaxy so liberally.
If they have plans to bring out budget choice phones, this was a good opportunity to introduce a new series/name for the intended phones and assert more dominance with the new line up.

Imho, they shouldnt use the name Galaxy so liberally.
If they have plans to bring out budget choice phones, this was a good opportunity to introduce a new series/name for the intended phones and assert more dominance with the new line up.

Core 1 had 1 GB RAM, Core 2 has 768 MB. Young has 768 MB RAM, Young 2 has 512 MB. No one understands Samsung's device launches and naming conventions. Samsung seems to be promoting MMX and Moto with these launches.

I wonder why the S3 i9300 is not getting kitkat where as these 512 MB phones are getting it. Less RAM was the excuse given by Samsung .

That was the excuse Samsung gave - S3 i9300 has 1 GB RAM only though i9305 will be getting it as it has 2 GB RAM . I wonder how Moto G got it though it has a lesser power processor and similar RAM . Maybe Samsung bloatware is to be blamed for it.

Moto g beats nexus 4 in benchmarks so it should be more power than s3 . I doubt touchwoz is blamed for it. All touchwiz have similar features, except for the higher models. Each manufacturer has to prep their models for android update so its customized by them.

Moto g beats nexus 4 in benchmarks so it should be more power than s3 . I doubt touchwoz is blamed for it. All touchwiz have similar features, except for the higher models. Each manufacturer has to prep their models for android update so its customized by them.

Hmm. I find the chances of Moto to be bleak. Maybe the fabrication of the chip on moto can help in battery back up increase but not that much in performance.

Back