Samsung Corby Pro.. Review required

amitjoel

Disciple
Need to purchase a new cell phone and got interested in the new samsung corby pro model . can anybody give their experience on this mobile

There's no lag unlike the Corby itself which is quite laggy.. the keyboard has a decent finish, cam is very nice, much better than most 3.2mp phones i've seen.. the screen is great too.. only drawback is the OS.. got it for 11.2k

Hey guys the samsung corby pro is a cool new phone with many required features I checked out the features on gsmarena and found it amazing. There is a bit of a confusion in my mind relating to the Operating System. The OS is samsung's proprietary software, so i really dont know whether 3rd Party applications can be installed on it. If at all 3rd party applications can be installed will it be able to support voice calls over them like for eg apps like Fring or Gizmo which allows Windows Mobile or S60 phone users to make free calls over the internet using GPRS/3G/Wifi. So i really want to know if anyone has tried any apps like these and do they support voice chat?

Secondly, The one good thing about this phone is it supports Microsoft Exchange Sever so Outlook mail boxes can be synchronized with this phone.

Finally the site gsmarena says "no secondary camera" but my research shows that there is a small camera on the front top side which can be used for video chat. So can anyone confirm this feature if it exists..

Hey Amarcom thanks for the reply...appreciate you response. I was wondering if you had the liberty to test out apps like Fring or ebuddy or Skype on you Corby Pro. Well i tried downloading apps for this phone but couldnt as the model did not exist. It would be great if you could try accessing theie respective sites and check if the phone got recognized and a compatible app was given to you for download.

btw the links are

www.fring.com

Skype ? Make free calls and great value calls on the internet

Web and Mobile Messenger for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, Google Talk, Facebook | eBuddy

as u said earlier "The OS is samsung's proprietary software", I cant get a a gps software for the same but I am trying other aplication software. guess will hv to wait till samsung themselves come out with some software for corby.experiments are on will post as soon as I get somthing to load and working.

thanx guys for all the resonses. but can somebody tell me usability in terms of playing videos and wifi on the phone and how is the battery life of the cell

Got one for my sis...Corby plus

UI is okay. Touch interface is good.battery life seems good

playing vids is bit troublesome (the converting part) , though software included in the product cd.

wifi is really good as I compared range with my laptop to access point,corby could catch signal 2-3 feet further than the laptop.reg browsing very easy specially with qwerty keyboard n since one is not using a stylus (not provided n there is no need also, use yr finger)one finds it more easy to surf .

Back