Samsung Corby Pro.. Review required

Thanx guys for the all the suggestions . However i have just seen the LG gt505 which is very good , so may be i'll be buying between these two.

amarcom said:
as u said earlier "The OS is samsung's proprietary software", I cant get a a gps software for the same but I am trying other aplication software. guess will hv to wait till samsung themselves come out with some software for corby.experiments are on will post as soon as I get somthing to load and working.

amarcom,
try an app called mgmaps should work with the built in gps, also http://mobile.google.com/gmm should work too.

I bought this (Corby Pro) for my sis a few days back. Excellent VFM phone. The touchscreen is more responsive than Corby and the qwerty keypad is a pleasure to work with. Surfing is pretty good as is the wi-fi reception range. I almost felt like I've cheated Samsung by paying so less :p

I'm thinking of buying this for my sis too. It's available for 12k in Delhi. Anyone knows of a better deal on this phone from somewhere? And any more reviews?

Also, @Sei: So it's been two weeks since you posted that. How does she like it now? Any problems with it?

@sathyanaidu,

Which shop and where ? I am planning to buy one, but the price quoted is 11.8 in Mobile Store.

Was this price with some credit/debit card deal (such as 5% off or cash back for so-and-so credit card customer)?

sathyanaidu said:
There's no lag unlike the Corby itself which is quite laggy.. the keyboard has a decent finish, cam is very nice, much better than most 3.2mp phones i've seen.. the screen is great too.. only drawback is the OS.. got it for 11.2k

cyanide911 said:
Also, @Sei: So it's been two weeks since you posted that. How does she like it now? Any problems with it?

Nah, not at all. No problems. Till now, it has hung once. That's normal with the phones today with so many features in them. Rest is working perfectly. Only thing to keep in mind is that you will have to spend some time with the phone in order to get everything working. It took us around 15 mins to figure out how to set the alarm. And I've forgotten now what I had missed the last time. :p

Apart from that, no lag issues, no crashing apps or any other kind of weird behavior. The camera's pretty decent too.

Okay, so she's set her heart on this phone xD. A few more questions if you dont mind
1. How are the headphones bundled with this phone?
2. How does the A-GPS work? Are there extra charges for it?
3. Are there color panels provided along with the phone?
4. How is the interface general?
5. Have you tried the WiFi? How is it?

Finally, would you recommend it?

Thanks a lot.

the phone is bundled with noise cancellation headphones which are just ok type. maybe if u use the sony headphones then u will get a better music experience.

the WIFI is pretty cool and works perfectly.

the phone is provide with two white panel along with a black one.

the only problem wud be 3rd party apps.but considering the bundled apps i don think anyone wud be requiring 3rd party apps for some time

1. How are the headphones bundled with this phone?
They're bearable. Personally I don't like the ear canal type earphones and I'm not that big of an audiophile. Moreover, listening experience changes from person to person.
2. How does the A-GPS work? Are there extra charges for it?
I didn't know it had A-GPS.. will have to go and check. :ashamed:
3. Are there color panels provided along with the phone?
White and Black
4. How is the interface general?
I liked the interface. There and so many ways to go around the UI. For e.g. if you are in the music player and want to scroll down the list of songs. You can either do it via the touchscreen or using the volume key present on the right side of the phone. You keep discovering small things as you keep using the phone.
5. Have you tried the WiFi? How is it?
Wi-Fi detection was pretty quick. Though I didn't do any heavy duty browsing on the phone, but I think it's pretty much sufficient for a quick session or two.
Finally, would you recommend it?
See, there are things to keep in mind. First of all, the price. At this price, absolutely! No phone comes even close. And with the full QWERTY keypad, it becomes even more of a steal. Typing is soooo easy. The phone has a nice feel to it, quite sturdy. You'll like it.

PS:I think I should do a review of this phone. :p

No offense but after using a Nokia slider I'm scared to wits about slider phones. Be it of any company the slider mechanism tends to get loose after sometime...

hey guys... i have a problem with my corby pro...... i ahve airtel wifi at home.... the corby detects it and when i select on the airtel wifi on my phone, it gets connected.... but when im trying to open a web page,,,, it says service unavailable, DNS Failed..... i dont wat this means..... i check my ip address and dns were correctly typed on the wifi settings in the phone..... i checked with airtel broadband and tech support pf samsung.... they were unable to help..... can somebody give me a solutio to this

Back