Budget 15-20K Samsung Galaxy M21 or Nokia 6.3 - which one to get?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
How's Samsung M21 with its 6000 mAh battery?! I'm tempted to get this if not Nokia 6.3

Any issues/complaints for Samsung OS/customisations of Android, like any ads or play store limitations or annoyances?

I'm mostly interested in stock android or annoyance-free android experience.

I don't do gaming and not much media consumption, just whatsapp/email mostly.

Any comparisons between the two? Pros and Cons?

So what did you decide? I am thinking of buying one for my mom by tomorrow and have been eyeing this one for days. Was waiting for amazon to start delivery in red zones.

I am considering getting the M21 for myself but the variant I want (base model black colour) for 13k is not available on Amazon which just started deliveries to my area in Pune.

For my mom and aunt I got the Nokia 3.2 for around 8k each back in October, the phones have since been updated to Android 10.

How's Samsung M21 with its 6000 mAh battery?! I'm tempted to get this if not Nokia 6.3

Any issues/complaints for Samsung OS/customisations of Android, like any ads or play store limitations or annoyances?

I'm mostly interested in stock android or annoyance-free android experience.

I don't do gaming and not much media consumption, just whatsapp/email mostly.

Any comparisons between the two? Pros and Cons?
Samsung M31 - 16k @Samsung Galaxy M31 (Ocean Blue, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage)

Each one is worse than other. I am also going to buy one 15k phone, saw ;
m30s users are facing issues with laggy performance.

Realme x2 - after update to 10.0 , battery drain issues, manufacturer recommends to switch of WiFi to prevent batt drain [emoji849]

M31 over heating as per few users

Nokia 7.1 - screen issues like burn in

I haven't checked mi variety cos I don't like their screen. Or UI. Don't even wanna think of vivo, honour, poco. All brothers from same mother.

m30s users are facing issues with laggy performance.
Wife is using the M30S 6GB version which was bought during the launch week. No lag issues so far, and the battery backup is amazing, as expected. May be the lag issues that you mention are related to the 4gb version for a power user? My wife uses it mostly for whatsapp, zoom meetings, mild browsing and music. So for light users, especially the elderly who look for good battery, I keep recommending the M30s. M31 and M21 should be very similar.

@vishalrao The Samsung android experience on the M30S is very good mostly. However, there are still a few Samsung apps that are difficult to remove or disable. Just a headsup, if you go the Samsung way.

Wife is using the M30S 6GB version which was bought during the launch week. No lag issues so far, and the battery backup is amazing, as expected. May be the lag issues that you mention are related to the 4gb version for a power user? My wife uses it mostly for whatsapp, zoom meetings, mild browsing and music. So for light users, especially the elderly who look for good battery, I keep recommending the M30s. M31 and M21 should be very similar.

@vishalrao The Samsung android experience on the M30S is very good mostly. However, there are still a few Samsung apps that are difficult to remove or disable. Just a headsup, if you go the Samsung way.

I dont understand why laggy when u have 4gb DDR4.
i am still Debating , M21 or m30s or M31, my usage - twitter, WA, music, videos to a little extent - i dont want to spend much, so will go with thr 4gb version.

Have ordered the M21. It's a rebadged M30s. Like Vishal I also decided against spending extra 3K for the camera. Taking photos is not a priority.

This phone is an upgrade from the Moto G4 plus that my mom has been using for last 3 years. Will be using the Moto G4 as a test device now.

Last edited:
Got the phone today. My first impression was that it is laggy out of the box. Perhaps coz I was transferring all the data from old phone to new, installing new apps, uninstalling the bloatware, all at the same time. BTW some of the bloat cannot be uninstalled. Its alright though 128GB is sufficient storage for some extra apps.

Oh and I know that it doesn't support fast charging even with a higher capacity charger.

Among the budget phones, Motorola was the default option for me till it went to hell. I do not like the Xiaomi, Poco, Oppo of the world as they are all the same. Samsung was the only choice at this budget and something that is close to the default android experience.

So when the options are limited to just one, there is no point complaining about this or that.

How did you transfer data from your old phone to the M21? What data is this? WhatsApp chats/SMS etc?
Post automatically merged:

Where did you order it from?
Transferred everything. SMS, call history, video, audio, docs etc. For whatsapp, its backed up on google drive so just have to login and it restores all chats. Other things like contacts and all can also be done but they are anyway synced from google account.

Ordered it from Amazon on Thursday.

Got the phone today. My first impression was that it is laggy out of the box. Perhaps coz I was transferring all the data from old phone to new, installing new apps, uninstalling the bloatware, all at the same time. BTW some of the bloat cannot be uninstalled. Its alright though 128GB is sufficient storage for some extra apps.

Oh and I know that it doesn't support fast charging even with a higher capacity charger.

Among the budget phones, Motorola was the default option for me till it went to hell. I do not like the Xiaomi, Poco, Oppo of the world as they are all the same. Samsung was the only choice at this budget and something that is close to the default android experience.

So when the options are limited to just one, there is no point complaining about this or that.
Xiaomi Mi A3 still has stock android and no bloatware.

Back