WTB Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Adept
If anyone has the same kindly PM me. It must be the N9005, not N9000.

Used is okay, but the handset should not have any scratch / mark / dent at all anywhere, let alone the display. All original accessories should be present too.

Thanks,
Saurav.

Two months ago you were scratching your head to get a device, it was decided the moto x fit the bill. Why ? because you could not handle the size of the note 2 after 8 months of trying.

And now i see you want a note 3. i get the n9005 part but not how you can get around the size bit. You were very particular about that. Size mattered.

Why do you want a note 3 when you can get a snapdragon, 4g capable s5 ? cost maybe but its the right size.

Ha ha, I knew you would ask that. Well yes size does matter, I still will say that, but in past four months my life has changed somewhat. I am not the same person who would go to office by a bike / bus, and write a text message in a hurry or those stuffs. I think I can get used with a big phone now, a huge one rather :p
I actually was indeed going for the S5, the SD variant of course. Price doesn't matter (as long as it stays at around ₹ 36-37k), but I just hate the screen to body ratio of S5. I mean if you look at the total dimensions of S5 you will see that it's noticeably bigger than S4, which had a mere 0.1" less screen real estate. But the Note 3 has 0.6" more screen space than S5, and if technically put the Note 3 isn't that much bigger than S5 going by that logic of screen to body ratio. I hope you are getting my point. Yes, the S5 however is IP67 certified, but that's a thing I can live without.
I was meaning to go for G3 actually, but LG's display, meh, the self crackling issues of phone body, meh, and more importantly there's no XDA support, so another big meh, and I personally don't like LG phones anyway, so...

I hope you are getting my point.
Yep so it was the constant moving that made the note 2 difficult to carry around. i always thought it was your hands that could not deal with it. You did say you liked one handed operation.

You live in Cal . How is amazon service there ? this isn't even amazon fulfilled. i don't know how else you will get note 3 snapdragon otherwise. They never released a snapdragon variant here so no warranty for you (!)

I was meaning to go for G3 actually, but LG's display, meh, the self crackling issues of phone body, meh, and more importantly there's no XDA support, so another big meh, and I personally don't like LG phones anyway, so...
Skip the G3, note 3 snapdragon should be good.

you will get usb3 which was reduced to usb 2 with note 4. You get a 1080p instead of 1440p but the battery of note 3 is going to be similar to your moto x which is odd. the note 4 does much better there. So you are going to have to do some modding if you want better battery. It's not bad but for a bigger screen your expectations are going to be more.

This helps a lot actually. I was going to buy from eBay actually, cause there are so many sellers selling the Note 3 at a pretty attractive price, but eBay is always kinda scary, I mean too many sellers, reading all the feedback isn't necessarily my thing. Also I have personally learnt that how some stupid buyers can be bought by some tiny amount of money offered by some arsehole sellers in exchange for positive feedback. eBay can not be trusted, it's a filthy place.
I think this deal should be good. Thanks my friend.

You live in Cal . How is amazon service there ? this isn't even amazon fulfilled. i don't know how else you will get note 3 snapdragon otherwise. They never released a snapdragon variant here so no warranty for you (!)

Service of Amazon is decent here I would say. I mean I hate the factor that they use Blue Dart (they are damn lazy here!) but other than that it's good.
you will get usb3 which was reduced to usb 2 with note 4. You get a 1080p instead of 1440p but the battery of note 3 is going to be similar to your moto x which is odd. the note 4 does much better there. So you are going to have to do some modding if you want better battery. It's not bad but for a bigger screen your expectations are going to be more.
Note 4's 1440p display never did attract me. I have always been a person against these trend of high res displays for mobile phones. I will never have a set eyes to differentiate anything above 320 PPI. The only thing I liked about Note 4 is its looking, for some reason it looks more professional to my eyes, also its tad smaller than Note 3 ( still talking about size :p ) I could not care less about that metallic frame though.
Battery will be same as Moto X? Hmm! I get around 3-4 hours of screen on time on X. If I remember right Note 2 used to give me 6 hours of screen on at an average. However it was a 720p device. Well, whatever.

The main reason behind ditching the X is its display. I just can't stand looking at it. Those horizontal lines all across the screen are extremely annoying to look at. And another reason is its camera. Yes, I never did care about mobile cameras, but the inconsistency in camera performance of this phone is beyond me! If I have seen right the new X has almost same results! And it takes even worse night shots! Yeah small sensor blah blah, but who wants to know really? Motorola should do something about their cameras generally speaking. A phone released in 2014 should match another flagship's two generations older camera, I am talking about S3 here, to some extent even S2!

Battery will be same as Moto X? Hmm! I get around 3-4 hours of screen on time on X. If I remember right Note 2 used to give me 6 hours of screen on at an average. However it was a 720p device. Well, whatever.
Close, guess you wil get a half hour longer, see battery benchmark here

x - 5h50m (pretty close to your experience)
n3 - 6h8m
n2 - 6h16m
n4 - 8h43m

The main reason behind ditching the X is its display. I just can't stand looking at it. Those horizontal lines all across the screen are extremely annoying to look at. And another reason is its camera. Yes, I never did care about mobile cameras, but the inconsistency in camera performance of this phone is beyond me! If I have seen right the new X has almost same results! And it takes even worse night shots! Yeah small sensor blah blah, but who wants to know really? Motorola should do something about their cameras generally speaking. A phone released in 2014 should match another flagship's two generations older camera, I am talking about S3 here, to some extent even S2!
Agree.

S3 had a good camera. samsung spends more on image processing than moto.

You found no improvements using 3rd party camera apps ? the stock camera is fiddly to use. from what i understood you can only take pictures via touch to focus. That means where you touch sets metering and effects exposure, if it happens to be dark images turn out bright and vice versa. This i suspsect is the culprit. In the latest moto x you can lock exposure by swiping around but there is no feedback as to what the camera really sees. Gauging by screen can be misleading depending on the ambient light. Night shots take skill regardless of model and isn't a strong point for samsung.

I doubt you will get used to the note 3 as i remember you saying you had small hands. not travelling as much isn't going to affect this. Give it two months and you will be back here asking the same question again :)

Ask m-jeri, he has the note 3 and hates it, too damn big to the point he wants an iphone. That's a form factor mismatch if i ever saw one. You have got to have a compelling reason to endure a large device like this. Wanting best of the range isn't sufficient.

what about z3 compact ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back