Samsung has launched the Galaxy Note 4, the company’s latest flagship Note series smartphone in India as expected. It was unveiled at IFA last month and packs a 5.7-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) QHD Super AMOLED display, powered by a 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new Samsung UI. Instead of Exynos variant for its earlier smartphones including last year’s Note 3, Samsung has launched the Snapdragon variant in India. It has a new back cover and a metal frame.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Smart OIS and a 3.7-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture. It has S Pen Stylus, Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments, S Health 3.5 and more. It has 3200 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode. We went hands-on with the Note 4 at the announcement last month.
At the launch, Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India said,
The launch of Galaxy Note 4 highlights Samsung’s commitment to deliver iconic and differentiated products. The new device exhibits people inspired innovation with its unique combination of an enhanced S Pen, large and vivid display and superior productivity features to provide the most refined Galaxy experience to our customers.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.5 mm thick and weighs 176 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe , Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3200mAh Battery