Android Samsung Galaxy Note 9 launched in India!

swatkats

Skilled
8IfjHji.jpg

What's new with the Note 9?

• S Pen is a magic wand: The stylus now has Bluetooth connectivity, so you can use it as a remote control for taking photos, giving presentations, skipping music tracks and more.
  • Huge battery: The 4,000 mAh battery is the biggest ever in a Samsung handset, which is a big step up from the Note 8 and its 3,300 mAh power pack.
  • AI camera: The dual camera on the Note 9 can automatically recognize more than 20 different types of scenes (food, plants, etc.) and adjust the settings to get the best shot.
  • DeX without the dock. You only need an adapter and an HDMI cable to turn the Note 9 into a mini PC rather than a $69 accessory. The phone doubles as a touchpad.
  • Water cooled. The Note 9 uses a "water carbon" cooling system to prevent overheating and deliver sustained high performance.

Samsung Galaxy Note9 specifications
  • 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
  • Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
  • 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
  • Android 8.1 (Oreo)
  • Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
  • 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
  • 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
  • Water and dust resistant (IP68)
  • Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
  • Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
  • BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
  • 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
  • 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 comes in Midnight Black, Lavender Purple, Metallic Copper with matching S Pen, and Ocean Blue with a Yellow S Pen.

It is priced at Rs.67,900 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 512GB version costs Rs. 84,900 in India and will be shipped from August 20th.

https://shop.samsung.com/in/galaxy-note9.html

Rs.6,000 cashback offers on PayTM mall and on HDFC cards!

Last edited:
Water cooled. The Note 9 uses a "water carbon" cooling system
It may well just be a glorified Heat pipe ;-) i was more impressed with the stage setup of the keynote - still amazes to see the 3d effect created by using the floor space.
As a product, a good upgrade, note lovers would rejoice with the pen. I can see more sketches that my friends will create on the go

It's better to avoid Samsung note 9 until the price reduces by 10-15%, that will obviously happen over a period of time.

Better batteries and some gimmicky upgrades don't deserve such exorbitant price tags.

Samsung needs to understand that Chinese brands are leading the market.

Capture12.JPG

Attachments

• Samsung Flagships.png
    Samsung Flagships.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
It's better to avoid Samsung note 9 until the price reduces by 10-15%, that will obviously happen over a period of time.
Or wait a year and get it at half price ?

Thing is i'm not impressed with the dual aperture camera they introduced with the S9. Under a narrow lighting range, the S6 will get better pics. The exynos variant is the same as the S9 which has inconsistent battery.

The snapdragon 845 is fine with no inconsistent battery but we're not getting that in India. OP pls note!

Wait for the S10. Sammy needs to respond to Huawei's P20 camera. Everybody does, really.

Last edited:
Amazon is running a good sale on Note 8...
for exchange program
They were giving a discount of 13k for exchanging my redmi note3.
Note 8 price went down to 40k without other offers.

The snapdragon 845 was fine but we're not getting that in India. OP pls note!

Wait for the S10. Sammy needs to respond to Huawei's P20 camera. Everybody does, really.

Oh well, i forgot that, Exynos.

Yeah, P20 pro has very good cameras!

Amazon is running a good sale on Note 8...
for exchange program
They were giving a discount of 13k for exchanging my redmi note3.
Note 8 price went down to 40k without other offers.
Links please wanted to buy for wify but im seeing old prices only. On a side note does it make sense to buy on no cost emi?what's the catch? Tempting to buy the note 9 on no cost emi. I already own a note 8, might upgrade myself and give my old note 8 to my wife.

Links please wanted to buy for wify but im seeing old prices only. On a side note does it make sense to buy on no cost emi?what's the catch? Tempting to buy the note 9 on no cost emi. I already own a note 8, might upgrade myself and give my old note 8 to my wife.

It's priced at 55.9k and there is an extra 10k offer (Only on Orchid Grey) on exchanging your old device+4k cash back on hdfc bank cards.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Orchid Grey) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077PWK5HP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9QBBBbB7F86F4

Or wait a year and get it at half price ?

Thing is i'm not impressed with the dual aperture camera they introduced with the S9. Under a narrow lighting range, the S6 will get better pics. The exynos variant of which this is the same the S9 also had inconsistent battery.

The snapdragon 845 was fine but we're not getting that in India. OP pls note!

Snap dragon models here in the US all have bootloader locked. My preference would be to get an Exynos model which can atleast be rooted.

I wonder how much you will get for the note 8. In the UK sammy is offering 400 pounds on excchange so the note 9 now costs 500 or around 45k[DOUBLEPOST=1533936484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Snap dragon models here in the US all have bootloader locked. My preference would be to get an Exynos model which can atleast be rooted.
Better to wait for a proper exynos then ?

This wasn't a problem with earlier versions. Last time sammy screwed exynos up was the S4. Since then the exynos has usually beaten the SD for battery. The new one has given users inconsistent battery and sammy refuse to acknowledge it

No brand new. It is well known fact that Galaxy phone prices reduces upto 50%. I still saw people buying Galaxy S7 Edge until 3 months before which is a perfect value for money. Now that production is stopped they are mostly sold out.
It's been 2.5 years now since the S7 Edge was launched current price 30k after 2 years, Note 8 Street price when it was launched was approx 63k now around 54k locally, Amazon EXCHANGE price around 45K, But then if one waits for a year then again we'll have a new model next year, Wait again.

One of my friend bought s7 edge at reliance digital at hyderabad for 22k (it was 25 k - some card discount). I have not seen going below 25K as the stock either runs out or Samsung buys back unsold ones

I wonder how much you will get for the note 8. In the UK sammy is offering 400 pounds on excchange so the note 9 now costs 500 or around 45k[DOUBLEPOST=1533936484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better to wait for a proper exynos then ?

This wasn't a problem with earlier versions. Last time sammy screwed exynos up was the S4. Since then the exynos has usually beaten the SD for battery. The new one has given users inconsistent battery and sammy refuse to acknowledge it

I was thinking of picking up the international model from eBay. However it makes more sense to buy it from India since it will come with warranty. The international phones from eBay don't come with any warranty in the US.

Is there a list of LTE bands which the Indian variant supports?

Used one ?
New

Price drops further after the next model comes out. After part matters. Its more before

[DOUBLEPOST=1533972032][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was thinking of picking up the international model from eBay. However it makes more sense to buy it from India since it will come with warranty. The international phones from eBay don't come with any warranty in the US.

Is there a list of LTE bands which the Indian variant supports?
Band 40 is a must. Jio also operates at 800Mhz but i don't know how widespread it is

Snapdragon variant will be better but warranty etc really matter. Wait for next year, new chip, better camera.

Last edited:
New

Price drops further after the next model comes out. After part matters. Its more before

Band 40 is a must. Jio also operates at 800Mhz but i don't know how widespread it is

Snapdragon variant will be better but warranty etc really matter. Wait for next year, new chip, better camera.

Agree drops further but marginally, Take S8 was launched for 55k now after 1.5years it retails for 38k but not half.

New

Surprisingly for the note 8 Samsung hardly reduced any price and I think they are not into numbers game now , or maybe the note is pretty unique and a note buyer will buy it regardless of the price

Back