Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, which custom ROM is best these days?

Want to install it because I am not liking official XXELLC.

Thank you @abhifusion @mk76 @nick2012

Guys, Any hanging issue in the ROMs you suggested? My S3 is hanging once or twice in day for last 4-5 days and I am really irritated with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not with Sotmax. However my S2 on Omega (v18) had issues, I tried v20 still it gave hiccups. Finally I went for megawipe - cleared everything including emmc(internal sd) and installed v20 fresh. That worked.

You may try that. Before doing that, copy you photos, and other apps folders which contain settings/media and are created on internal sd.

Sotmax really sucks I flashed it on my phone and at night with wifi on it drained 30% of my phone battery...:eek:
Again with wanamlite:cool:

guys any way to distinguish a original s3 from a fake one
I am getting just 38XX scores in antutu benchmarks while its supposed to be 14-15k+
and its is also showing unknown device in antutu app[DOUBLEPOST=1365854578][/DOUBLEPOST]also it is not getting connected to pc via kies and its showing mt65XX android phone in windows hardware devices

Guys, i went and hard bricked my Verizon S3. Anybody know of a place where i can get a JTAG revivial done for this device in Bangalore?

Already flashed the Leaked firmware.Not that much of a big difference though.Battery life seems a bit lower than 4.1.2.
Quite a number of default Samsung apps with their names in Hebrew have been installed also.

For the past couple of months or so, lots of 3D games have been lagging horribly and crashing like crazy on my S3. Even a couple of games (Eternity Warriors 2, Contract Killer 2) that used to run buttery smooth previously have become unplayable now. They now lag like crazy, eventually freeze up for a few minutes and then crash to the home screen.

Is this happening with anyone else? Any ideas as to the reason? Could it be due to faults in Samsung's own OS updates?
My S3 hasn't been modded in any way since I bought it a year ago.
Android version shows 4.1.2 and Kernel version shows 3.0.31-1042335.

For the past couple of months or so, lots of 3D games have been lagging horribly and crashing like crazy on my S3. Even a couple of games (Eternity Warriors 2, Contract Killer 2) that used to run buttery smooth previously have become unplayable now. They now lag like crazy, eventually freeze up for a few minutes and then crash to the home screen.

Is this happening with anyone else? Any ideas as to the reason? Could it be due to faults in Samsung's own OS updates?

Probably time for a factory reset!

My friend's S3 showed similar symptoms for temple run, i asked him to check out SDS(sudden death syndrome). I pray yours is not, hope you have checked for SDS before if not you can always check that out.

There is some app on playstore to check if S3, note 2 suffer from SDS. Just google it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back