Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (SM-G900I) with Snapdragon 801 launched in India

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
Samsung plans to launch the LTE variant of the Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I) in India soon, according to a report from Manish Khatri from Mahesh Telecom. The 3G variants of the Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) that was launched in India back in April is powered by a Octa-Core Exynos 5422 SoC with Intel XMM6360 for 3G HSPA+ ( up to 42 Mbps) connectivity. The LTE (SM-G900I) variant will be powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801. Since all the flagship smartphones starting from the Galaxy S3 were launched only in 3G variants with Exynos chip, this would be the company’s first flagship smartphone with Snapdragon chip.

This has support for LTE bands - B1 (2,100), B2 (1,900), B3 (1,800), B5 (850), B7 (2,600), B8 (900), B40 (2,300) and B28 (700), so this should work with Airtel that operates their TD-LTE service using 2300 MHz spectrum. Airtel offers voice services on LTE using Circuit Switched FallBack (CSFB) voice solution in several cities across India. LG launched the LTE variant of the LG G3 in India back in March.

Other than LTE support and Snapdragon 801, all the features are similar to the 3G variant. According to the retailer the MRP of the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE would be Rs. 56,000 and the MOP is expected to be Rs. 1500 more than the 3G variant.

Source

6CLOk6m.jpg

Assuming this product was launched as 4G LTE is all set to launch officially by operators in 4-6 months.
I think this is an unnecessary product release with Insane pricing of Rs.53,500 which would obviously drop again to 40k in next month or so :D
What do you think? Useful or Useless? Pretty much useless launch to cover up a mistake.

Last edited:
I never understand why samsung phones cannot hold their value even in new market. I mean they launch for atrocious prices and later bring down. Is it like they want to instill a placebo effect on buyers who may feel that first it was 53K and now 40K so it is a deal and I should buy it.

Samsung makes more profit by selling the inhouse crap Soc and its for the first time that we are getting a snapdragon chip in a Shamesung device. Wish if they officially sold the Snapdragon in Note 3 here .

Three months after original version launch, I still couldn't figure out what was on their mind during the launch of original s5?
Fool Indians with Terms such as "Octa Core"
I doubt they hardly sold 20k pieces since launch.

jump to 1:12:39

Shameless idiots. covering up. I started hating Samsung truly when i watched this Q&A. Ironically, vineet taneja agreed that people don't want to buy that's not necessary right now, so they rejected S5 :p

Last edited:
Does S5 chip support HMP or its like the Note 3 chip where cores do not awake till they are needed. Note 3 Neo supports HMP so all its 6 cores are active always.

Back