Samsung Galaxy S6 receiving Marshmallow update in India

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
Right now I'm downloading a 1220.11 MB update in my S6, which is pretty much certainly the Android M. Until quite recently the update timeline for unlocked S6 was not known, with some sites reporting it to be as late as Apr 13. A few days back, some carrier locked S6 in US started receiving the M update, which further irritated the owners of unlocked phones. Guess the wait is finally over.

Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-53-04.png

Haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life. But then, I really don't know how much it drained in Lollipop. Have a wireless charger at home and office, so it keeps getting charged most of the time. :p

Love the permissions settings on M. That was the first thing I laid my hands on. Also, secret tab in the browser now requires password/fingerprint. This was sorely missing in the previous version.

I updated my OPO to M a few days ago and although OST remains same but the phone sleeps a lot better for sure. It also helps that mine is a custom ROM with an underclocked CPU.

Haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life. But then, I really don't know how much it drained in Lollipop. Have a wireless charger at home and office, so it keeps getting charged most of the time. :p

Love the permissions settings on M. That was the first thing I laid my hands on. Also, secret tab in the browser now requires password/fingerprint. This was sorely missing in the previous version.
You might want to allow your battery to discharge as well for the longevity.

Surprising, i always thought that Samsung released updates at decent pace. Guess i was wrong, a friend's G4 got it 2 months ago.

Any change in performance/battery life ? My S5's battery and performance went to shit after the Lollipop, hope you don't experience the same

Hey guys just wanted to confirm this is Android version 6.0.1 update?, I mean after getting updated you get this Android version right?

Back