Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge launched in India at outrageous prices!

pauldmps

Skilled
Samsung has formally announced the new flagship devices - Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in India. The Galaxy S6 will be offered in three storage options - 32 GB for INR 49,900 ($800), 64 GB for INR 55,900 ($894) and 128 GB for INR61,900 ($993). The flagship Galaxy S6 will be offered in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Blue Topaz.

The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is priced at 32 GB for Rs 58,900 ($945), 64GB for Rs 64, 900 ($1041), and 128 GB for INR 70,900 ($1138). It will be offered in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, and Green Emerald. Check out the prices of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in different countries.

Samsung is taking pre-orders for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge starting today and will ship it on April 10. Those pre-order the handset before availability date will get 10,000 points in case the price of the device falls and also a free screen replacement warranty for twelve months from the purchase date.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_s6_edge_launched_in_india-news-11639.php

At this price it is not going to sell large numbers. Price will come down to about 42-43k for the 32G S6 in a couple of months. By the way is this more expensive than the Iphone 6?

Is it just me who thinks prices are actually great. Atleast for Normal s6 32gb? Last time 16gb s5 was launched for 53k i believe. I think the prices here are really great. Apart from that , I really love the s6 this time around and I really hope samsung doesn't pull another "Samsung" this time, I mean getting the prices down and all. And I hope they don't as the samsung s6 this time is an excellent phone and is sexy, premium, so they hopefully won't get the prices down. I am tempted by the prices and the phone though.

Is it just me who thinks prices are actually great. Atleast for Normal s6 32gb? Last time 16gb s5 was launched for 53k i believe. I think the prices here are really great. Apart from that , I really love the s6 this time around and I really hope samsung doesn't pull another "Samsung" this time, I mean getting the prices down and all. And I hope they don't as the samsung s6 this time is an excellent phone and is sexy, premium, so they hopefully won't get the prices down. I am tempted by the prices and the phone though.

No you are not the only one who thinks Samsung got the pricing right. I still think it will drop to 45K or so.

People b**ch about the pricing these days because they want Samsung to sell the phones at Xiaomi's prices. I also believe that the price is quite good. HTC will go out and start selling the M9 for 60k.

No you are not the only one who thinks Samsung got the pricing right. I still think it will drop to 45K or so.

People b**ch about the pricing these days because they want Samsung to sell the phones at Xiaomi's prices. I also believe that the price is quite good. HTC will go out and start selling the M9 for 60k.

even if HTC prices the new m9 for 30k(which ain't happening), I would still not go for it. Yep, samsung does great jobs, people don't mourn for those faults like "screen bleed, yellow tint) on samsung phones for a reason. I have been a Samsung hater for years until they announced s6. I will still get the phone for ~46k anyways as dad have connections :D I have i6 right now, but I am missing android. Edge pretty much is a gimmick this year too, and not a compelling feature to spend 9k more for it. But I hated that for pre booking, samsung launched white/black only.

Also the service of samsung is great, I have had a problem with s7562 (such a shitty phone), but they changed the motherboard, and after that I got 5 calls for my satisfaction from samsung in a week after repair and I really loved that they care.

Ofcourse samsung, apple won't go down oneplus, nexus, xiaomi road for a reason and it makes sense. They huge R&D don't pay for itself. s5 really is a hot looking phone and I don't care whom they copied or didn't copy on design, Knowing that the phone is sexy and comes with samsung logo is enough for a potiential buyer such as me. I have been down that road where people asked what is nexus , oneplus and mi3 , what company is that lol. I always said it didn't matter, but inside I always knew I hated when people asked me that.

even if HTC prices the new m9 for 30k(which ain't happening), I would still not go for it. Yep, samsung does great jobs, people don't mourn for those faults like "screen bleed, yellow tint) on samsung phones for a reason. I have been a Samsung hater for years until they announced s6. I will still get the phone for ~46k anyways as dad have connections :D I have i6 right now, but I am missing android. Edge pretty much is a gimmick this year too, and not a compelling feature to spend 9k more for it. But I hated that for pre booking, samsung launched white/black only.

Also the service of samsung is great, I have had a problem with s7562 (such a shitty phone), but they changed the motherboard, and after that I got 5 calls for my satisfaction from samsung in a week after repair and I really loved that they care.

Ofcourse samsung, apple won't go down oneplus, nexus, xiaomi road for a reason and it makes sense. They huge R&D don't pay for itself. s5 really is a hot looking phone and I don't care whom they copied or didn't copy on design, Knowing that the phone is sexy and comes with samsung logo is enough for a potiential buyer such as me. I have been down that road where people asked what is nexus , oneplus and mi3 , what company is that lol. I always said it didn't matter, but inside I always knew I hated when people asked me that.

Samsung have done a great job with the design but HTC still is the leader in that department. If they offer me the M9 for 30K I would buy 2 :p.

Samsung phones carry a lot of issues like any other phones, My S3's motherboard went Karupt twice and had to be replaced twice. Yes they spend a lot on R&D but they are not a company without faults. Samsung were poor with the design which they have rectified and lets see how they do with the overall performance.

S6 being priced cheaper than S5 hardly justifies saying that S6 price point is great . The price is neither great nor good. It is what it is which is "premium pricing".

S6 is great hardware, but the price is still not justified just because of the hardware. Samsung wants to sell at premium prices on the strength of their brand perception just like Apple and hence keeping the prices high to give the perception of a premium brand. This strategy does not always go as planned which is why Samsung is suffering from both falling revenues and market share.

Brands like Xiaomi sell on basis of both quality of the product as well as reasonable price, a strategy that was used by Samsung in the past. But right now, Samsung is the new Apple and Xiaomi is the new Samsung.

32gb sd card is 1 k without sd card it is 6k. After four long years samsung has achieved its dream of charging as much as an iphone.

any takers ;)

the a5 & 7 all have sd cards but they could not do it with the s6 because of the edge. no way to use sd card with edge. If you provide s6 with sd card then who will buy edge.

Last time 16gb s5 was launched for 53k i believe. I think the prices here are really great. Apart from that , I really love the s6 this time around and I really hope samsung doesn't pull another "Samsung" this time, I mean getting the prices down and all. And I hope they don't as the samsung s6 this time is an excellent phone and is sexy, premium, so they hopefully won't get the prices down. I am tempted by the prices and the phone though.
The s5 india launch was a total cockup. if you did not wait at least 4 months after launch chances were you got doubly screwed with exynos and no 4g.

Last edited:
Wait for 3-4 months and price will be down by 40% ;)
Not Really. Edge6 will come down to 45k and S6 to 40k. This is their routine strategy.

wAp9jow.png

any takers ;)

haha , don't be sarcastic :p I really love the overall design and aesthetics of s6. I hated the removable back and sdcard on previous models. Going for iPhone 6 and nexus 5/4 were one of the reason really. SDCard just messes with android anyways. Going all in with their fast nand storage has got s6 great benchmarks no other phone on the market has anyways. I wish s6 a really good luck and hope samsung follows this suit in near future. And what abt charging as Apple? Samsung is just as premium as Apple in the market right now. Just that they didn't used to make premium handsets until Galaxy alpha. I still remember alpha, so beautiful , sleek looking but just that the pricing didn't do well with the processor it was holding. The only problem with s6 this time around I find is Lollipop. The OS really doesn't cater well with the premium hardware samsung is giving right now. I hope Google really makes the android hot soon. Last year's I/O videos really showed how upcoming versions of android will make the android much more smoother with opening apps happening in real time with visuals unlike right now which has blackouts(kinda). And web being smooth aswell. Let's hope in this year I/O , Google turns that around to favor s6's hardware.

Part i was interested in is this

Notes / Disclaimer
  • Prices mentioned above are the best (least) price available for each item across all stores. To get prices across all stores please select (click) a given Mobile.
  • Prices may vary from store to store and from place to place based on different tax rates.
  • Prices shown above are with bill and warranty.
  • In case of any issues or discrepancy please contact us.
ok its an online store only price aggregator. That means only so long as the device is for sale will it be shown. found nothing for k zoom because amazon does not stock it any more. its less than a year old. Also i do not see the galaxy s 5 snapdragon version. just the exynos one.

Historic data is only available for devices that are still on sale some where online.

Last edited:
Not going to talk about the S6/Edge prices because i'm honestly not surprised with the price. i expected this much. but that is true. People nowadays want anything and everything cheap wtf. I mean if you have people who own a lot of rebranded phones and say you have an iPhone or Samsung or Nokia or Sony or any reputed brand who actually do R&D the idiots will mock your phone and the brand saying "lolololol I got mine at this *cheap price* dude you crazy buying *your phone* model?" I come across this every now and then. I just sigh and ignore them. they also don't know that thy are gonna be screwed over in the long run.

ps: 45k would be a great price for the S6 though. :p

Back