Android Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ launched in India

swatkats

Skilled
Samsung Galaxy S8 to feature Snapdragon 835 with 6GB RAM

The smartphone has been speculated in every possible aspect giving us an idea of what Samsung might have in the pipeline. The latest report suggests the adoption of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC paired with 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.

The company is also expected to use its in house Exynos 9 series chip for European and Asian markets. The Galaxy S8 is also speculated to be the first smartphone to integrate Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging.

If the rumours are to be believed, the smartphone will boast a dual camera setup, while there will be a pressure sensitive display just like Samsung’s rival Apple has used for its iPhone models. The device is expected to sport a curved 5.1-inch 2K Super AMOLED display, while the larger variant will have a 5.5-inch display with 4K display.

Samsung also recently acquired Viv labs, a Silicon Valley startup that is founded by the creator of Apple’s artificial intelligence ‘Siri’. This indicates that the next iteration of the Galaxy S series is most likely to feature an AI assistant.

Source: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tech...8-to-feature-snapdragon-835-with-6gb-ram.html

According to a latest report, Samsung has finalized the design for Galaxy S7 and a prototype of the upcoming flagship has been shared with company executives. The prototype shows the Galaxy S8 sans physical home button. If the design turns out to be true, this will be the first Galaxy device without the trademark home button that has been synonymous with Samsung phones.

Standard Galaxy S8 model will sport a 5.7-inch display while the Plus variant will feature a 6.2-inch display. A report from @evleaks in November had also stated the possibility of two Galaxy S8 variants .

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/20907...-said-to-be-exclusive-for-galaxy-s8-plus.html

Well you never listen to all of it at any given movt,but you save them so that you have your songs all the time.and listen to what you wish or just smash that shuffle butrim.
dunno. more the songs , more the time spent in clicking next till you find the song you wanna listen.

YEAH, but will u remember names of 20-30000 songs ?
I don't know why you have to argue just for the sake of arguing.
When you have a properly managed library, you can find any song easily without remembering it's name because you either know the album or artist.
Also 256GB doesn't equate to 20-30000 songs when you have Flacs. Add pictures and videos as well the huge cache apps have these days and one starts running out of space quite quickly. I never felt any issue with my OPO but on the Redmi Note 3 I was running out of space very quickly and that was without any songs on the device.
Every single day, storage used by apps increases and it was such an eye opener on how much data all the apps store these days.

YEAH, but will u remember names of 20-30000 songs ?
Maybe for u it's difficult to manage but for me it quite easy, I have a good memory also I know my songs and library very well. Also I hope the post below by rdst_1 answer your question.

I don't know why you have to argue just for the sake of arguing.
When you have a properly managed library, you can find any song easily without remembering it's name because you either know the album or artist.
Also 256GB doesn't equate to 20-30000 songs when you have Flacs. Add pictures and videos as well the huge cache apps have these days and one starts running out of space quite quickly. I never felt any issue with my OPO but on the Redmi Note 3 I was running out of space very quickly and that was without any songs on the device.
Every single day, storage used by apps increases and it was such an eye opener on how much data all the apps store these days.

The device is expected to sport a curved 5.1-inch 2K Super AMOLED display
So 5" display dream is dead? :(

This is so true. I thought that moving apps from phone to card would help but it ****ing didn't! Apparently the files are locked to internal memory by default. Was really pissed when I found out. Also couldn't move all the apps. I don't even have that many apps. I install only the essential apps which I need. This phone had about 4-5GB of internal memory free. I don't have any media file in it and I now have only around 500MB free storage. And now I cannot even update a "13MB" sized MX Player. Get it now?
So I threw my "8-16GB internal storage doesn't matter as long as it has a memory card slot" logic out the window.

how do you even listen to 256 gb of music ? unless its to show off your collection
Lol I'll say you took it literally. Doesn't necessarily mean only songs. Better camera also means larger photo/video size. And if you are someone who takes a lot of photos and videos (or crap) I'm pretty sure you're gonna want more storage. ;)
This doesn't count the FHD (real 1080p not 1080*700 or similar) movies which you might want to store. And never forget,
pr0n

11 reasons why Samsung's Galaxy S8 is better than Apple's iPhone 7 for business

Reports from Samsung indicate it has already pre-sold more than 728,000 units with a target of 1 million prior to the 21 April launch date.

Here are 10 reasons to consider the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus instead of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus, which was selected in the second spot of my 10 best smartphones.

1. Display: The Galaxy S8 Plus has a 6.2 inch display with no side bezels and small top and bottom bezels. It is also narrower than the Apple iPhone 7 Plus that has a 5.5 inch display. Independent testing also shows the Galaxy S8 has the highest rated display of all smartphones.

2. Fast charging and wireless charging: Actual battery life testing remains to be conducted for the Galaxy S8. However, if you do need to top off, it only takes a few minutes via USB Type-C or a wireless dock. It's a bit frustrating to charge up an iPhone 7 Plus, which explains why there is such a large market for slap on battery packs.

3. microSD expansion: The iPhone 7 Plus has three memory configurations available with the largest capacity 256GB being more than enough for most people. The Galaxy S8 Plus offers 64GB internal with a microSD storage card slot so you can pop inexpensive storage cards in and out as you please.

4. Gorilla Glass 5: Apple has glass on the front and metal on the back while the Galaxy S8 has glass on the front and back. However, this glass is Gorilla Glass 5 that is designed for increased drop protection over previous glass panels, surviving 1.6 meter, shoulder height drops.

5. Multiple security options: With the Galaxy S8, you can set it up to unlock via facial recognition, iris scanning, fingerprint, pattern, PIN, or a password. The iPhone 7 Plus has a fast fingerprint scanner with options for a password or PIN, but Samsung's iris scanner may be a more convenient and secure option.

6. Samsung DeX: People use their smartphones for everything today and with Samsung DeX, users now have the option to leave the laptop behind. I'll be testing this exact capability on two upcoming business trips. Apple has no ability to extend the iPhone to an external display.

7. Virtual reality: Samsung continues to improve its virtual reality experience with a handheld controller now included with the Gear VR. While VR can be used for games or media viewing, there are also enterprise reasons for VR. These include presenting virtual walk-throughs of engineering designs, medical procedure reviews, and interactive presentations.

8. Bixby: There is a ton of potential in Samsung Bixby as it looks to improve the efficiency and productivity of the user. Unfortunately, Bixby's voice assistant won't be ready at launch so we will only get a glimpse of the Bixby service with a home screen panel similar to Google Now. With a dedicated button on the Galaxy S8, Samsung is committed to making Bixby all it promises to be and I look forward to making regular tasks more convenient and intuitive.

9. Bluetooth 5.0: You may not have seen or heard that the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will be the first phones to launch with Bluetooth 5.0 support. Bluetooth 5.0 improves the connectivity performance, extends the range of Bluetooth, and allows you to connect two Bluetooth headphones to one Galaxy S8 at the same time.

10. Samsung Pay: Apple Pay is popular, but nothing beats Samsung Pay when it comes to the number of retail locations that are supported and the technology that allows you to replace your credit or debit card. I made a couple of purchases with my Gear S3 smartwatch using Samsung Pay at a location that stated it did not accept wireless payments. More banks are added regularly and Samsung also offers a ton of promotions to encourage Samsung Pay use.

11. Headphone jack: While Apple thinks it was courageous to take away the headphone jack, most people still use headphones with a standard 3.5mm connector. Samsung's purchase of Harman last year, buyers receive a nice pair of wired headphones in the box. While I appreciate and use Bluetooth headphones quite often, a 3.5mm headphone jack is convenient and economical while not having to worry about charging up another device.

It's clear that Samsung continues to push smartphone technology forward and Apple is looking a bit dated with the iPhone 7. However, Apple still offers a compelling experience as well and not all of Samsung's ideas and technologies are vital to the daily usage needs of all users.

Source: http://www.zdnet.com/article/11-rea...is-better-than-the-apple-iphone-for-business/

Back