Android Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ launched in India

65KRghkRm.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-4.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ launched in India

S8:
  • 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
  • 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
  • Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0mm; Weight: 152g
  • Rs. 57900
S8+:
  • 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
  • 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
  • Dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm; Weight: 173g
  • Rs. 64900
Other common specs:
  • Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
  • 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
  • Android 7.0 (Nougat)
  • Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
  • 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
  • 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
  • Water and dust resistant (IP68)
  • Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
  • Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
  • 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST

Last edited:
anyone buying ? the s8 plus looks pretty nice. now that s8 with wireless charger is avail at 58k why has samsung still priced s7edge at 50k ? when can we expect a price cut ?

If one compares then the Samsung s7 at 36k looks very vfm these days. Same ram and cam as well. Btw the mi6 also launched today and has dual rear cam and sd 835 too

Wow, prices seem to be higher this time around. I remember picking up the s7 edge at 58k with the free VR headset offer. With USD lower than what it was then, the pricing is just not appropriate. On top of that you get just the wireless charger this time around.

Wow, prices seem to be higher this time around. I remember picking up the s7 edge at 58k with the free VR headset offer. With USD lower than what it was then, the pricing is just not appropriate. On top of that you get just the wireless charger this time around.
Pricing will drop by 7-8% within 2 months of launch. Buying early is waste of money

I agree. Anyway after the nougat update the s7 edge is running quite well for me. And the battery life has improved a lot as well. I am going to hold on to it for some more time and probably take a call by the end of the year.

I bought mine for 54000 with VR on launch i think was on 20 March last year. Also it's MOP 57900 and 64900, One can bargain and can get around 5% discount on it.

I seriously hope it's Indian Unit and not some UAE edition! How much did you pay and did you get Wireless Charger?

Do post a brief review after a day!!

Why does it say 10th January? Is it demo piece?
Wait. It's supposed to release on May 2nd! How did you get it?

I seriously hope it's Indian Unit and not some UAE edition! How much did you pay and did you get Wireless Charger?

Do post a brief review after a day!!

Why does it say 10th January? Is it demo piece?

You can clearly see Delhi Duty Free bag in photo, maybe he is holding a display piece at IGI Airport.

Back