Storage Solutions Samsung harddisk ROCKS!!!

Hmmm seems like quite a decent drive for dumps. Might consider this over the WD should there be no problems with RMA. It is only when RMA time is around the corner, people realise the importance of a good service such as the one offered by WD instead of taking a day off from work, waiting at the counter, facing a bunch of arsewipes at the counter, wait for the replacement drive, take another day's off to collect it, crap! Can't be bothered about Seagate anymore. :\

Spectre said:
HDTune benchmarking - comparing Seagate 1TB 7200.12 and Samsung Ecogreen F2 in a Sunbeamtech Airbox through esata interface

Samsung 1.5TB (on casing)

22406050.png

Interesting.. It has slightly better read average than WD Green.. I tested my 1TB though.. Yet to see a bench for 1.5TB EARS... :(

DevinWolf said:
It has a very constant speed..........

that is not the case..

the size has increased so GB per percent increased...thus test result graph has approximated further..which makes it feel like a stead performance...

Is it on site or still old personal carry to center(warranty)...i missed it..was badly searching 1.5tb on ebay and just when i bought the wd 1 tb next day tahul comes up with sammy and wd back on ebay...

Sammy hdd was my first disc but i stopped using it because the people over there were more busy in proving your fault rather than give u replacement...Also had to bribe 750 buks 5-6 years back to get replacement for pin damaged disc...After that i always avoided sammy(their service centre always crowded..no seperate queue for end user and dealers...though 2 person standing in fron and if they are of dealers person each carrying 10 hdd would waste 1 hour to 90 mins easily at that time) ..even had used hitachi and burned it...and paid bribe for that too...but it was of tune of 200..lolz

I'm planning to buy a Samsung 500GB Single Platter HDD for my brother.
Don't know the exact model.
I heard that Samsung got 5 years of warranty and cheaper compare to other.
The HDD will be use for primary OS and data too.
Is Samsung is better choice for me ?

Well, I can assure you that their service in Kolkata is superb. WD Blue is not available in Kolkata and Seagate reduced the warranty to 3 yrs. So, yeah, you should get a Samsung unless you find WD Blue.

If both WD and Samsung got 5 years warranty then better I would buy the cheaper one.

Can any one tell the exact model and price of single platter Samsung 500GB HDD ?

^^ yeah, facing problem with that myself since my 1.5tb arrived doa. It seems that none of the models over 400gb are listed and the terms themselves aren't clear. There is also no mention of hard disks at all in their service center locations either.

On this forum itself there was a thraed titled "Computer Empie priclist". In that list along with Samsung Hdd they had mentioned " No service center for Samsung HDD". :(

^LOL lucky you (and the OP's friend) I'd say. I'd still choose WD over Seaweed and Samson anyday. Incidents like these are bound to happen one in a 1000 times - can't feel sorry for it. If that particular model of yours isn't in stock (they really shouldn't going by the demand of the 1TB drive in our country) they should be ideally sending you a better drive in terms of cache/storage capacity. If not, keep your fingers crossed.

if one search internet will find various problems related with samsung HDD specially T1, at nehru place
1 TB samsung cost almost same as 500 GB Segate , but people still prefer latter one.

rahul21 said:
if one search internet will find various problems related with samsung HDD specially T1, at nehru place
1 TB samsung cost almost same as 500 GB Segate , but people still prefer latter one.

Are you serious... Samsung 1TB for what 500GB Seagate sells for = Rs. 2350-2450/-.. Can you prove your claim... :S
@arnov.. Both Seagate & WD have problems every now or then... But I can vouch that Warranty duration & price + after sale for WD is better than Seagate... Getting a Seagate RMA is really painful almost every time, but with WD you can go wrong only a few times... :p

Back