Samsung I5801 Galaxy3 listed in Univercell for Rs.Rs 10,769 /-(Approx)

DarkAngel

Skilled
The Samsung I5801 Galaxy3 the replacement for the now rare to find i5700 spica is listed for Rs.10,769(Approx) in Univercell.

The approx prices of Samsung phones in Univercell have turned up as the real launch prices in recent times

This would mean that it will end up as the cheapest Android phone at Rs.11,200 (4%VAT inclusive) which is good news :)

Samsung I5801 Galaxy3 Phone Details - Android OS;touchscreen;Accelerometer;3g;wifi; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - Full phone specifications
Samsung Galaxy 3 and Galaxy Apollo review: Galactic twins

Plus the site lists Samsung I5503 Galaxy5 for Rs 8,846 /-(Approx). It mentions the OS is Android :D

Samsung I5503 Galaxy5 Phone Details - touchscreen;androidos;pushmail;3g;wifi;socialnetworking; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories
Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 - Full phone specifications

Its the first sub 10k Android phone:D Take a bow Samsung :)

man ohh man.. the one's who bought i5700 2nd hand in market for 11k+ are gonna be bummed now :p

btw it should have been i5800 links instead of i5801

both are identical, but from what i understand, i5801 would be a model with operator's branding.. like gsmarena has extra Orange Mobile stuff under software description of 5801

madnav said:
man ohh man.. the one's who bought i5700 2nd hand in market for 11k+ are gonna be bummed now :p

The i5700 higher resolution though. But they will still feel the pinch i guess :p Hoping sammy will launch it soon.

The good thing with Samsung is they release the phones in India along with the Euro launch itself unlike the Nokia buggers who are yet to release most of the C series phones here.

Hoping that the i5503 priced at ~9k turns out to be the Android one :D

although as per some Hungarian samsung customer support, samsung may just be providing froyo for spica i5700 shortly.. some operators were testing the same for frooyo.. as per samdroid forum.. it was not a main thread but remember reading within some thread :p

madnav said:
although as per some Hungarian samsung customer support, samsung may just be providing froyo for spica i5700 shortly.. some operators were testing the same for frooyo.. as per samdroid forum.. it was not a main thread but remember reading within some thread :p
Froyo for a low end Android :O But didn't reviews and user feedback say that it shows "Erratic performance under Android 2.1 (noticeable lag in some apps)"

Anyhow good show by Samsung folks :)

DarkAngel said:
Froyo for a low end Android :O But didn't reviews and user feedback say that it shows "Erratic performance under Android 2.1 (noticeable lag in some apps)"

Anyhow good show by Samsung folks :)
To be honest, i5700 is not that bright under plain eclair 2.1

the fone becomes a real power device if you apply samdroid mods. the stock ecliars is giving close to 3-4 MFlops on linpack benchie i guess.. after the mods,, it reaches 8-9 MFlops range. Th overall performance boost does make it a treat worth enjoying though.

about Froyo:

i personally have no hopes from samsung on that :p

although the guy LeshaK from samdroid is known to bring out the best in spica so far. his froyo alpha is already up.. he only has issue with sound driver for now and he seems to be striving to get it done.

enough of i5700 OT in this thread :p :ashamed:

so market price would be less < 10769 Rs ? .Any body got here . 10 K looks good for android phone .Only flaw is it does not have a flash for camera .how hard is it to put a small LED in there .:mad:

nfsnfs said:
so market price would be less < 10769 Rs ? .Any body got here . 10 K looks good for android phone .Only flaw is it does not have a flash for camera .how hard is it to put a small LED in there .:mad:
I think FLASH is something like SE patented, as every one EXCEPT SonyEricsson avoiding it.

^

Looks are subjective.

Looks pretty good to me.I never liked spica i5700 for those physical buttons.This one looks good as it does not have any physical buttons.

Sorry to burst ur bubble guys but theres an Acer Android phone already on the market selling for 9k.... :p

androidcommunity.com/acer-android-betouch-e120-video-20100604/

yuck :/

With 240 x 400 screen on the i5801, Dont you guys think some graphic rich apps might fail to run? The screen looks Grainy IMO, Wait for something better.

[QUzOTE=d@rK nEmEsIs;1569680]^
source for pricing.[/QUOTE]
Seen in the newspaper. They are mainly advertising the Liquid but including the BeTouch with a 9.2k price tag under it.

people would still prefer crappy samsung galaxy 5500 than some non existent acer, they have not so bright after sales for pc peripherals and no idea if scenario is similar for cell phones.

also it is still on android 1.6

how about the proccy of this fone?? Can it handle froyo?? Better than spica's proccy??

Now I remember one of my friend working in samsung mobile software division told me, samsung gonna bring a good change in indian market such that by december 2010 , u can get a superb smartphone for just 10k....

^ froyo is supposed to provide a performance bump with respect to eclair so i suppose the 600-700MHz CPU on that fone shall handle froyo to an extend satisfactory just to justify its price tag :p and no it wont be better than spica i5700 cpu which is same cpu at 800MHz.. overall i5800 should perform faster due to less resolution and larger RAM. but to me it looks another corby like fone. i wish they did not cripple the resolution atleast.

Back