Samsung launches three new phones in India: Samsung Galaxy Star 2, Star Advance and Ace NXT

avi

Skilled
GKCEAYQ.jpg

Oh yes, these are actually three different newly launched phones. Samsung launched three new mid budget phones with price range of Rs. 5,100 to Rs. 7,400.

Here are the configuration details:
Samsung Galaxy Star 2
Price - Rs. 5,100

Display - 3.50-inch
Processor - 1GHz
Front Camera - No
Resolution - 320x480 pixels
RAM - 512MB
OS - Android 4.4
Storage - 4GB
Rear Camera - 2-megapixel
Battery capacity - 1300mAh

Samsung Galaxy Star Advance
Price - Rs. 7,400
Display - 4.30-inch
Processor - 1.2GHz
Front Camera - No
Resolution - 480x800 pixels
RAM - 512MB
OS - Android 4.4
Storage - 4GB
Rear Camera - 3-megapixel
Battery capacity - 1800mAh

Samsung Galaxy Ace NXT
Price - 7,400

Display - 4.00-inch
Processor - 1.2GHz
Front Camera - No
Resolution - 480x800 pixels
RAM - 512MB
OS - Android 4.4
Storage - 4GB
Rear Camera - 3-megapixel
Battery capacity - 1500mAh

They don't need the Chinese to make clones of their mobiles. They are doing it themselves. Similar design, similar specs, similar names for a hundred devices. LOL.

Single person design team! Anyway, Sammy's version upgrades are worse than the original ones, which were abysmal anyway

They basically want to flood the market with their el chepo handsets, IMO samsung is the biggest threat to android.

I would say those el-cheapo phones which are not able to run latest android properly is giving bad name to android.
A layman would not badmouth android when it does not perform on cheap non name brands but when it stutters on samsung and such, people say android is bad. This is personal opinion.

All of the three models have influential specifications in their respective budget range.:happy: But if I had to choose one among the three,:rolleyes: i.e. Galaxy Star 2, Galaxy Star Advance and Galaxy Ace NXT – My choice would be Samsung Galaxy Star Advance:cool: (best in the specifications as the budget to go)

All of the three models have influential specifications in their respective budget range.:happy: But if I had to choose one among the three,:rolleyes: i.e. Galaxy Star 2, Galaxy Star Advance and Galaxy Ace NXT – My choice would be Samsung Galaxy Star Advance:cool: (best in the specifications as the budget to go)

good luck

Samsung has also said that the biggest cause of the loss is the changing currency patterns around the world, especially against the Korean Won, the increasing value of the Korean won against the dollar
wonder how much increase in price this currency exchange is causing ? for a country that is as export oriented this must be hitting them hard.

We go through two stages here. Rupee -> $ which then has to buy won, if the won appreciates you get less won for your rupees.

I noticed the core 2 is a downsized version of the original core which was a good entry level phone and could not figure out why Samsung did it. Why screw up a good design. Well, if they are targeting a certain price point then this is the result with currency fluctuation.

Last edited:
Back