Samsung NP300E5Z vs ASUS X53SC - i5 4GB RAM 1GB Nvidia gfx

Arya

Adept
My brother ordered ASUS X53SC - http://www.ebay.in/itm/261004817762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

(Paid ~32000 with coupon)

The dealer called yesterday, mentioned that its and end of life model and instead he will upgrade to Samsung 3 series NP300E5Z. - http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251043641935#ht_5467wt_1092

He says its expensive compared to the asus model, but I found it on flipkart for selling about 34k.

Most of the config is same except:

Samsung - i5 2450M / 6hrs battery life(dealer claimed so)

Asus - i5 2430M

I liked ASUS laptop for its better build quality. For one the design is very sleek and it has an excellent LCD. I have no idea what samsung notebook build quality is like.

What is the service of samsung like?

The configuration I am looking for is i5/4-8GB Ram/500+ GB disk space/chicklet keyboard.

Following are the options

1. I ask him to send the Samsung notebook

2. ask him to send the Asus notebook

3. Cancel the purchase and look for alternate options?

Please let me know what you guys think.

TIA
<

Cancel this order and go for an AMD APU based laptop, let other users comment on this course of action.

Some reviews that might be more helpful and will shed some light on this topic --

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/30828-amd-llano-a8-3500m-apu-notebook-review-redefining-mainstream-computing/ / http://www.anandtech.com/show/4444/amd-llano-notebook-review-a-series-fusion-apu-a8-3500m / http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1636/1/.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This isn't silicon alchemy; AMD hasn't reinvented the wheel or launched never-seen-before technology, but we feel that, on technical merits, APU-based laptops stand a much better chance against price-comparable Intel laptops.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But the clear problem for AMD has never been one of technology competence; it has that in spades. Rather, the company needs to ensure that top-tier notebook manufacturers launch many timely, well-integrated laptops based around the APU-centric platform.[/font]

After spending a couple weeks with the AMD A-Series APU, I must say that I am very impressed by the performance that I am seeing on the Sabine platform. I knew that it would be more powerful than Brazos and the E-Series APU's, but I wasn't expecting such a big difference. AMD did a really good job on this platform and we hope that OEM's pick up this platform design and put some marketing dollars behind it. The GPU performance of the A-Series APU is hands down the selling point for this platform. It's hard to believe that the APU has that much GPU muscle inside and in a package that is just 35W to 45W TDP.

Battery life is huge when it comes to mobile devices and when you use something everyday you don't want to be tied down by your battery. The AMD A-Series APU has battery life on par with the Intel Core i5 'Sandy Bridge' processors when it comes to DVD playback (AMD lasted 1 minute longer), but far outperforms their processor when it comes to gaming. Let's face it gaming is huge these days and most people play games on a daily basis. We were very impressed by what AMD has done with gaming on the battery. When we were gaming on the Intel platform we pulled the power during a game and the performance of the game didn't change and the battery died in 75 minutes. We did the same thing on the AMD Llano notebook and when we unplugged the laptop we noticed the FPS performance decreased. AMD has some power saving measures taking place when the system is unplugged, but even though performance dropped the frame rate was still higher than the Intel system! The AMD system lasted an amazing 120 minutes on the battery when gaming, which was 45 minutes longer than the Intel notebook and both batteries are similar 6-cell batteries.

#[member='JuGGa'], help karo, please. Cheers!!

#[member='Arya']

The ebay delaer was right about Asus model. Its definitely EOL product. Actually most of the Asus notebooks are being replaced by newer kepler GPUs, most of them being 540m -> 630M (K53SM series) and 555M -> 635M (N55SL).

Firstly, I'd like to say the laptop you selected had very weak GPU (520MX), it provides only about 20% performance gain over HD3000 and juicing more battery worth the performance gain.

Also, the replaced samsung laptop also has 520MX GPU, which is again shame. Plus he's giving you costly versus flipkart too.

IMO, if you have to buy right now, go for Asus K53SM-SX010D. Its much much better than other models, has newer kepler GPU- GT630M, actually a renamed 540M, providing nearly equally performance, with some "acclaimed" architectural gains.

And if you can wait for Trinity, waiting period stretched to one month or so. But I don't think, trinity can bring a drastic performance in this section. But who knows.
happy19.gif

cancel the order, if you like samsung laptop order it online form official website of samsung. now samsung also offer online shopping in India. samsung india launch its new website samsungindiaestore.com for online buyiers.

Back