Samsung Omnia,Nokia Lumia or Android

samrulez

Disciple
Hey guys,

I'm buying a new phone my budget would be 15k MAX. The most important criteria is

I NEED TO USE THE PHONE FOR 2 year.

I had the Lumia 710 in mind. It was a call disconnecting bug. Disappointing battery life.

http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-lumia-710-mobile-phone/p/itmd4z3zcfskh7hp?pid=MOBD5G5WUJC942HZ

I saw the samsung Omnia wi8350 for the same price. It has a better battery life. Same specs,

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-omnia-w-i8350-mobile-phone/p/itmd4q6azzw8c3wu?pid=MOBD4Q69BSEBYE9G&_l=BTrpcRWESmqk3Bto2FaOgg--&_r=m1kmTmdpVxZ0Wmg5tpQfKg--&ref=2e8267f2-c621-4d18-b435-191fdfc9e362

However since i need to use the phone for the next 2 years, I believe Nokia is sturdier than Samsung. How are current gen Samsung phones?

Will the omnia last me for 2 years?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Only an iPhone can genuinely last 2 years. That too only 4s. The rest you are just using like crap past it's age. Android will last about 6 months and wp7 at least 9 months I guess. If you get a s3 in June it will last over a year.

WP7 is a solid OS with all the essential apps and very stable Ecosystem. So, you shouldn't be disappointed with either the Lumia 710 or i8350.

Choosing between the two is very difficult as both are pretty much similar in all Departments. But as far as longevity goes Lumia should perform better. But Super Amoled screen of i8350 is a big plus as well. With Lumia you also get Free Nokia Maps. Therefore, both are winners but you have to take your call.

@ rite: As he is distinguishing between Lumia 710 and the i8350, I think SIII and 4S doesn't come onto the picture.

A windows phone device will definitely receive fast official updates and support for 1.5-2yrs whereas you cant expect the same with android, so for your requirements windows phone is the best option.

Regarding Nokia Lumia 710 vs Samsung Omnia W: Lumia is a better package due to nokia drive, future EA games exclusive contract and no connection issues like omnia W but Omnia W has better battery,much better screen quality and premium feel.

Thanks a lot.

What i wanted to know actually was the durability. It shouldn't crap out in a year or so. I really don't care if the phone becomes outdated as long as it serves it purpose.

Thanks a lot.

What i wanted to know actually was the durability. It shouldn't crap out in a year or so. I really don't care if the phone becomes outdated as long as it serves it purpose.

Most phones last 2 yrs but if you want to be absolutely sure then get Nokia Lumia 710 and get the official extended warranty from nokia care, so you will be under official warranty protection for 2 yrs unless you damage/drown your phone.

I tried them both today and felt that Samsung was lacking in quality in the looks and feel department.

Though i have owned an S2 which many people said looks cheap and plasticky, which i never felt, the Omnia did feel a lot inferior to the Lumia in that department.

Just my 2 cents.

Omnia W does not feel good though it looks pretty impressive in pics.

A friend of mine got a chance to test them both and is a pro Samsung kind of a guy.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Alright. I guess i'm going ahead with the Omnia. With decent care it should last me for 2 years. On my way to the store to pick it up
<

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply.

The phone feels light. A bit too light. Body and feel is average. The UI is fantastic. Camera is good. Screen is quite a bit above average. Battery is about average runs 15hrs or so with moderate usage, crosses a day with light usage. The Windows Market place is underdeveloped as of now. OS lacks customization options. You get only 6.5GB of actual storage. synchronization is via Zune which is terribly annoying. Overall im happy with the phone ( i used a BB Curve before this).

Only an iPhone can genuinely last 2 years. That too only 4s. The rest you are just using like crap past it's age. Android will last about 6 months and wp7 at least 9 months I guess. If you get a s3 in June it will last over a year.
lolzz to that, iphone 4/4s is the most fragile phone ever made,still going for iphone 4s though

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply.

The phone feels light. A bit too light. Body and feel is average. The UI is fantastic. Camera is good. Screen is quite a bit above average. Battery is about average runs 15hrs or so with moderate usage, crosses a day with light usage. The Windows Market place is underdeveloped as of now. OS lacks customization options. You get only 6.5GB of actual storage. synchronization is via Zune which is terribly annoying. Overall im happy with the phone ( i used a BB Curve before this).

check out these two apps for some better homescreen usability/customisations.

1.connectivity shortcuts

2.WizTiles

A cause of the call not ending bug in the Lumia is people cutting their sim cards and inserting it in the Lumia instead of purchasing micro SIM cards. I read that on a forum somewhere else.

I face that particular issue randomly.. Sometimes if the party u have called disconnects he call, the call ends immediately.. But when u disconnect it, it takes a while.. That too is random sometimes..

Back