Budget 15-20K Samsung on max?

rock_ya_baby

~~~=o=~~~
Adept
Guys any opinions on the Samsung On Max. I've been looking to upgrade from my very old Xiaomi Note4G. Never had a Samsung, but this one with 5.7" screen is looking decent to me. I would have got Xiaomi Note 4 if availability wasn't an issue.

1. Budget?
A: INR 12k-18k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.5", I don't mind any - IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Latest

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: accesible always on 4G data on both SIMs

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network. No to Vivo/Lava/Lenovo/Gionee. Have looked into Moto G5 plus but screen was 5" IIRC. I really want 5.5+ as I watch a lot of YouTube, CBTs.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Maps, YouTube, Udemy, WhatsApp, Hotspot, Forums. Camera for travels. I don't install any useless apps, have a fixed set of apps that I've been using since years. Absolutely no gaming.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual 4G data both always on and ready to use. No switching in settings or something of that nature.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Online only.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Battery if it can last 12hrs, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB. Separate card slot would be better. Moto G5 plus has this but screen is only 5". This Samsung has a hybrid sim+sd thing if I read that right. It's not ideal but can live with it.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Honor something, Moto G5 plus, Xiaomi Note 4.

What do you guys think? This looks good physically to me too. I need root ASAP though. Need busy box for a Linux OS/CLI. No custom ROM and all that fiddle; have done enough of that nonsense, need no more distractions and hanging out on XDA every weekend :D[DOUBLEPOST=1499887295][/DOUBLEPOST]Fingers are itching, please tell me I can stay with my old phone for another year lol!

All the buttons on my present phone have worn out else I am sort of a person who would overclock overuse a thing till it melted.

Last edited:
Isnt note 4 available in local stores? I remember reading news about it
I think it's better to go with the latest phones keeping in mind the android updates.

Also one need to cross check which manufacturers are giving better updates for at least a period of 2 years.

I think the price should justify the logetivity of the updates which will make ones phone faster with less bugs.

I think it's better to go with the latest phones keeping in mind the android updates.

Also one need to cross check which manufacturers are giving better updates for at least a period of 2 years.

I think the price should justify the logetivity of the updates which will make ones phone faster with less bugs.
Even though android updates will stop for xiaomi, note 4 will still get miui 9 and all its features. I think thats better than no updates like samsung and motorola

I ordered Note 4 yesterday, then cancelled it. Will wait for another 2 months and go for Redmi Note 5. Nothing else in current market looks decent to me for my needs :/

Thanks for all your valuable inputs my friends

@rock_ya_baby
I have a 2 days old black redmi note 4 for sale. Bought from flipkart. 32GB variant. Bill is for 10999. willing to let go for a grand less
i am finding the size to be a little too big for my comfort hence decided to sell it

Hello, thanks for the offer. But as you can see in my previous post, I am no longer looking to buy.

Willing to wait for few months for Moto G5S Plus or Redmi Note 5

Back