Samsung Split AC frequent gas leak problem

Ray

Disciple
The 5 star split AC was bought in 2010 and since then every year we have had gas leakage problems and had to replace the gas.In 2013 we had to replace the condenser coil due to leakage.

Today the AC repair guy told that again our condenser coil has leakage and has to be replaced.He said it is a common problem of 5 star AC of Samsung because they use aluminium condenser coil instead of copper.

He can replace the aluminium coil with copper coil but it will cost ₹6800 for the coil an in all cost around ₹8000.

Has anyone faced similar problem and replaced aluminium coil with copper and did that rectify the problem?

The 5 star split AC was bought in 2010 and since then every year we have had gas leakage problems and had to replace the gas.In 2013 we had to replace the condenser coil due to leakage.

Today the AC repair guy told that again our condenser coil has leakage and has to be replaced.He said it is a common problem of 5 star AC of Samsung because they use aluminium condenser coil instead of copper.

He can replace the aluminium coil with copper coil but it will cost ₹6800 for the coil an in all cost around ₹8000.

Has anyone faced similar problem and replaced aluminium coil with copper and did that rectify the problem?

I have two Samsung 5 Star Split ACs installed. Have been facing similar issues. These 5 star rated unites come with aluminium condenser coils. Replaced one units condenser coil due to leakage 2 years ago, at that time it costed me around 3.5k. It is running fine since then. Other unit needed gas refill every summer.

Now other unit have the same leakage problem. I contacted samsung, first they quoted me 7k for the new condenser coil plus 2.5k for gas refill; gave them go ahead, but later I got call from their office stating that my AC is too old (6 years) & they have stopped manufacturing of that part. They can do nothing about it. I would be better off getting new AC.

So if you are getting the condenser coil, replace it asap. And never go with the Samsung AC again, atleast I won't :) ...

Aluminium coils are commonly used to cut costs. When you replace the coil, get a copper coil, will last longer - more importantly - leaks can be attended by local brazing which is not possible with Aluminum coils.

I had a similar problem, recently - LG - went for a after-market copper coil. Costed 6k.

Official service center's charges will always be higher, go with them only if you can't get a reliable AC technician.

Aluminium coils are commonly used to cut costs. When you replace the coil, get a copper coil, will last longer - more importantly - leaks can be attended by local brazing which is not possible with Aluminum coils.

I had a similar problem, recently - LG - went for a after-market copper coil. Costed 6k.

Official service center's charges will always be higher, go with them only if you can't get a reliable AC technician.

I also have lg 1ton split inverter ac midel no jsq12npxa with aluminium condenser. Every type i am facing had leaked issues. Now i want to replace with copper. Can you just tell me how much does it cost for copper coil if we purchase from lg store and if we do it from other outside. What difference we faced in cooling and bill and workin after replacing it any reduce noticed ..

Back