Sandisk Launches ReadyCache 32GB SSD In India For Rs 3759

I said, I don't see the point of getting a solid state cache when you can get a proper SSD for as much money.

A regular 32 gigs SSD cost 4k and upwards here (might be cheaper in the US!) so this might be worth the price if the reviews are positive.

stalker said:
I think this device has no benefit over a regular SSD. Especially for a HTPC.

I'd rather count on the reviews first before making any speculations about the performance about the drive.

I'd rather count on the reviews first before making any speculations about the performance about the drive.
we don't need review to tell that this solution will be slower as compared to regular SSD, as ready cache has to fetch data from hard-drive, which in case of SSD is already present on it. Certainly there is overhead in case of caching as compared to dedicated SSD.
What we will look for is how the software is optimized so that readychache drive can give the best performance.

People who already have a SSD should not neglect ReadyCache drive. ReadyCache drive is meant to work with hard-drive.
SSD for OS, applications and games + loads of storage on hard-drive + ReadyCache drive would be the best performer. SSD will do it's job, while read-cache drive will help fast access of data present of hard-drive. One of the many situations where SSD+HDD+ReadyCache drive will be helpful is, for people who dump images, videos on hard-drive for editing.

To think of using ReadyCache drive+HDD, isn't it just like using a HybridDrive?:p

Back