SBI Debit Card 3D Secure Code Registration

This is regarding the recent changes made by SBI regarding online purchases using Debit cards.

SBI website says "Registration for MasterCard SecureCode is a mandatory requirement to make online

purchases using your State Bank Group Debit Cards
".

Maestro Card/MasterCard Secure Code is a new service from State Bank of India, in association with MasterCard that lets you shop online securely with your existing State Bank of India Debit Card which may be used only on merchant websites that subscribe to services of "MasterCard SecureCode".

Well billdesk has already implemented this and cc avenue is on its way.

CC AVENUE

VvVnO.jpg

BILLDESK

53MBR.jpg

The registration Process goes like this :

Step 1 :

Just go to a nearest State bank group ATM (most of them will go out of order during Registration. I was successful at 3rd ATM ) and on the home screen select

"MOBILE REGISTRATION FOR SMS/IMPS/SECURE CODE".

ENTER YOUR MOBILE NUMBER (10 DIGIT).

YOU WILL RECEIVE AN SMS CONTAINING YOUR VERIFICATION PIN.

NOW WAIT FOR 24HRS (thats what site says).

Step 2 :

Go to https://acs.onlinesbi.com/sbi/enrollment/enroll_welcome.jsp.

G3at6.jpg

ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE YOU CAN SEE OPTION "ALREADY HAVE AN AUTHENTICATION CODE " AND VERIFY YOUR CARD AND THE PROCESS IS OVER.

There is an option for New Registration in the SBI website but I have not gone through this process.

I did my registration via ATM method.

Stilll waiting for the 24hrs to complete my registration.

Anyone who has completed the registration process can throw some light regarding this.

Wow..!! Amazing Initiative.

SBI Rocks :D

Will immediately register today, though I don't shop with Debit Card, but still, there is no harm maintaining a extra level of security.

Thanks for sharing man :)

^ did you get message on ATM screen saying "YOU MOBILE NUMBER IS REGISTERED.YOU CAN NOW ENJOY SHOPPING ONLINE AND AT PoS"..something like this???

thatsashok said:
^ did you get message on ATM screen saying "YOU MOBILE NUMBER IS REGISTERED.YOU CAN NOW ENJOY SHOPPING ONLINE AND AT PoS"..something like this???
nope, i will again try today

Visa cards also have that security called Verified by Visa....every card owners need to register for this...Also they have implemented OTP for IVR transactions

thatsashok said:
can u explain them...OTP and IVR
One Time Password via IVR, means when you want to do any transaction, you can create an OPT by calling them which is IVR, and then use that password to do the transaction. That password is valid till : 1. One Transaction, OR 2. Upto 3 Try OR 3. Two/Three hours.

This facility is available for Master Card also.

OTP: One Time Password

IVR: Interactive Voice Response

Every time you want to do a transaction through phone (IVR), you will need to get this OTP and use it. The password will be valid only for 2 hours. Read more about this here: IVR

EDIT: @krishnandu: It is not for every transaction. It is only needed for transactions occurring via phone.. Like when you want to book a flight ticket on the phone.

OTP= one time password , this has one more added layer of security for online /mobile transactions which u do via mobile apps like mcheck , ngpay etc , when u authorize the payment from that gateway , an OTP is generated and sent to ur mobile no , and then u have to send that OTP to a particular no as sms , to complete the payment ,

and IVR= interactive voice response system which u get when u dial customer care numbers of bank , its the automated voice over u get

@ OP: i just registered one of my state bank debit cards successfully online just now , and for the other i will have to go to ATM for registration as the mobile no is not registered as per website :p

logistopath said:
EDIT: @krishnandu: It is not for every transaction. It is only needed for transactions occurring via phone.. Like when you want to book a flight ticket on the phone.
Ohh sorry, for misleading information. Thanks for correcting me :)

Can we register our mobile at any atm certer, or we must register at particular one, because today when i tried at my nearest one it after entering my mobile number, it said the transaction is being processed, next it prompted Machine out of order, visit other ATM center, Surprisingly the machine worked again after a few second and other people made were withdrawing money:O

Another problem, i can't transfer money from my debit card to other, but i can receive. Anyone facing this issue please help this poor guy:(

Dont worry i had to try it at 3 ATMs to be successful. Better try the one that is attached to the bank office. Those ATMs will be fine. :)

Dont know about money transfer

thatsashok said:
Dont worry i had to try it at 3 ATMs to be successful. Better try the one that is attached to the bank office. Those ATMs will be fine. :)

Dont know about money transfer
Thanks mate and idea about my second problem

24 hrs are over and the website still says "mobile number not registered with ATM".... :no::no::no:
i guess they'll show up on monday

Back