SBI Platinum Credit Card

mehta_april

Disciple
Hello TE Tribe,

I want opinion/review of your-guys, regarding SBI Platinum Credit Card.

I've a pay 60,000/- as FixedDeposit, and they will provide credit-limit upto 5Lacs. (starting from 54,000)

So what you guys say, opt-in or opt-out.

To Moderators: I couldn't found more appropriate section, than this, so I posted here. If I did something wrong, please let me know about it. :)

SBI gives Platinum cards? Wow. When I asked them, they said I was not eligible - they are the only ones who felt so (apart from Kotak who felt I was not eligible for any card at all :p ). They have some weird rationale behind giving them.

If you are getting it free, without any annual or renewal charges, and you can say truly to yourself that you won't overspend, get it by all means. SBI is one of the better credit card companies (their backend operations are handled by GE Money)

Check the fine print in the terms and conditions. Also what is the annual fee for this?

Posted in the wrong section. Should be in General Talk sub forum.

I have platinum card of both Hdfc and sbi.

I find sbi better overall with customer care and services.

I paid 3000 annual fee and got wills lifestyle voucher for same amount.

Using sbi for last 3 months.

Happy overall.

have had the sbi plat for more than 18 months now... my usage has been around the world and the card has been fabulous!

nice card.....

mehta_april said:
Hello TE Tribe,

I want opinion/review of your-guys, regarding SBI Platinum Credit Card.
I've a pay 60,000/- as FixedDeposit, and they will provide credit-limit upto 5Lacs. (starting from 54,000)
So what you guys say, opt-in or opt-out.
To Moderators: I couldn't found more appropriate section, than this, so I posted here. If I did something wrong, please let me know about it. :)
Fees
Joining Fee (One time) Rs. 2,999
Annual Fee (p.a.) + Rs. 2,999
IF YOU ARE OK WITH PAYING 3000 AS ANNUAL FEES.....THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CREDIT CARD AVAILABLE......

YOU CAN ALSO TRY AXIX BANK PRIORITY CARD OR HDFC BANK PLATINIM CARD. OR CITYBANK PLATINUM SELECT/ULTIMA CARDS....ALL OF THEM WORKS GREAT EVERYWHERE..

3000 annual fees? :O That's HIGH. I have mostly free lifetime Platinum cards, and the one I pay for only costs me 1K per year. I get far more than 1K in return. Is that the case with the SBI one too?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rishabh.asthana said:
what is the best card for someone like me who travels and stays in hotels a lot
Citibank/Barclays Yatra card?
Citibank JetAirways card?

3000 annuall fees is pretty high... What extra benefits you get with that kind of fees? You can get an Amex card with that fees which will offer you better benefits AFAIK.

I pay nil fees for Citibank Plati card.

^I think most of the mentioned benefits are available with all the platinum card providers! I've icici and hsbc, both are lifetime free one :)

smnrock said:
^I think most of the mentioned benefits are available with all the platinum card providers! I've icici and hsbc, both are lifetime free one :)

Then that 3k/annum looks like a big rip-off, will ask my bro to change his card :p

Call SBI that you are thinking to cancel the credit card as other card providers are charging no annual fees, the sweet operator itself will offer you the waiver of annual fees. Thats what I do with SBI plat.

Else, apply for Citibank plat as they offer much better features and no annual fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back