Monitors Screen burn on LCD ?

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
Has anyone come across this before ? This is a pic from my 2007 , guess its from having windows open for a long time over a extended period.
The glass effect from the title bar in this theme http://www.mygeekpal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/zune_theme_1.jpg seems to be burnt into the top of my monitor - black line from titlebar , bright spot from minimize button. However switched to the normal classic theme and the effects seem to be disappearing though painfully slowly.

Attachments

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Don't bother. It should fade away shortly. I recall having a similar issue on my very old Viewsonic LCD circa 2008, wherein I had left a MS Word document open for prolonged hours (final year project submission deadline was nearing!) and the menu bar remained on the screen for at least a week. :ashamed:

Luckily, folks at home were not able to notice it and it faded away eventually.

Btw how long did you leave the window opened like that? :p

Metalspree

Adept
Mar 1, 2006
Bangalore
I have some thing like that on my laptop screen from past 1 year ,never bothered to get it checked .It shows up only on white background .It was quite bright spot few months back but its faded a little bit now .

Btw Bottle saar How about applying some sun screen lotion?? .It might be because of too much heat in Chennai.

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
Desecrator said:
Don't bother. It should fade away shortly. I recall having a similar issue on my very old Viewsonic LCD circa 2008, wherein I had left a MS Word document open for prolonged hours (final year project submission deadline was nearing!) and the menu bar remained on the screen for at least a week. :ashamed:

Luckily, folks at home were not able to notice it and it faded away eventually.

Btw how long did you leave the window opened like that? :p
Well either IE or some office software is open perpetually on my pc so I guess this is from several months if not years :lol:

pegasus

Adept
Aug 18, 2010
I had read about this issue on TE itself, especially in the budget TN panel LCDs available some years back.

IIRC, Eazy sir, a very senior and respected member here, had posted his observations and some precautions to avoid that.

I don't remember much now but using the test for repeating different colours in dead pixel buddy or something for some hours helps minimise the damage iirc.

Not sure though. :ashamed: