Monitors Screen burn on LCD ?

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone come across this before ? This is a pic from my 2007 , guess its from having windows open for a long time over a extended period.
The glass effect from the title bar in this theme http://www.mygeekpal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/zune_theme_1.jpg seems to be burnt into the top of my monitor - black line from titlebar , bright spot from minimize button. However switched to the normal classic theme and the effects seem to be disappearing though painfully slowly.

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 93
Don't bother. It should fade away shortly. I recall having a similar issue on my very old Viewsonic LCD circa 2008, wherein I had left a MS Word document open for prolonged hours (final year project submission deadline was nearing!) and the menu bar remained on the screen for at least a week. :ashamed:

Luckily, folks at home were not able to notice it and it faded away eventually.

Btw how long did you leave the window opened like that? :p

I have some thing like that on my laptop screen from past 1 year ,never bothered to get it checked .It shows up only on white background .It was quite bright spot few months back but its faded a little bit now .

Btw Bottle saar How about applying some sun screen lotion?? .It might be because of too much heat in Chennai.

Desecrator said:
Don't bother. It should fade away shortly. I recall having a similar issue on my very old Viewsonic LCD circa 2008, wherein I had left a MS Word document open for prolonged hours (final year project submission deadline was nearing!) and the menu bar remained on the screen for at least a week. :ashamed:

Luckily, folks at home were not able to notice it and it faded away eventually.

Btw how long did you leave the window opened like that? :p
Well either IE or some office software is open perpetually on my pc so I guess this is from several months if not years :lol:

I had read about this issue on TE itself, especially in the budget TN panel LCDs available some years back.

IIRC, Eazy sir, a very senior and respected member here, had posted his observations and some precautions to avoid that.

I don't remember much now but using the test for repeating different colours in dead pixel buddy or something for some hours helps minimise the damage iirc.

Not sure though. :ashamed:

Back