Screen protectors on Gorilla Glass ?

N

NotMyRealName

My stuff was
S7 for 22k after exchange + 2 cases each for 149/ , spigen Rugged armor case for 700/ and Nillkin tempered for 600/
From Amazon ,, Firestick which will cost 2650/ after cashbacks
Black & decker Angle grinder at 1350/ after cashback

C'mon man, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and then a screen protector on it ! :banghead:

Will a tempered glass guard guaranteed protect the underlying screen even if it itself breaks?

This is like buying a bmw with leather seats and then putting a rexine seat cover on it from opera house.

Will a tempered glass guard guaranteed protect the underlying screen even if it itself breaks?

This is like buying a bmw with leather seats and then putting a rexine seat cover on it from opera house.

Why don't u buy a phone worth 30k and make a demo video for so called gorilla glass 4 for us how tough and scratch prof it is. Also leather seat covers are not prone to cracks or scratches within the first hour of use.

This entire argument of comparing leather seats of a BMW with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is preposterous! You get a new phone... you use a tempered glass to keep it pristine and scratch free as far as possible. Simple.

This entire argument of comparing leather seats of a BMW with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is preposterous! You get a new phone... you use a tempered glass to keep it pristine and scratch free as far as possible. Simple.

Some cannot understand simple things, They argue just for the sake of it.

I've used gorilla glass as well as regular glass screens (xperia play & redmi 2p, 3sp). Never used screen guards on them, never had any scratches and never broke em either. dropped them a few times. am i just lucky? i did install a tempered glass protector on my amazon fire tab since it had a plastic screen.

The whole point of gorilla glass is that it's an advanced technology which is scratch and shatter resistant. An aftermarket tempered glass screen is far inferior. Therefore my statement that adding a protector to a gorilla glass screen is absurd.[DOUBLEPOST=1506148135][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why don't u buy a phone worth 30k and make a demo video for so called gorilla glass 4 for us how tough and scratch prof it is. Also leather seat covers are not prone to cracks or scratches within the first hour of use.

If a phone worth 30k gets scratches or cracks in the 1st hour, then it's a shit phone.

Edit: add moto e 1st gen to the list above. dropped a gazillion times. also drenched in mosambi juice. gave it to my sis who's still using it. Without a screen guard of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used gorilla glass as well as regular glass screens (xperia play & redmi 2p, 3sp). Never used screen guards on them, never had any scratches and never broke em either. dropped them a few times. am i just lucky? i did install a tempered glass protector on my amazon fire tab since it had a plastic screen.

The whole point of gorilla glass is that it's an advanced technology which is scratch and shatter resistant. An aftermarket tempered glass screen is far inferior. Therefore my statement that adding a protector to a gorilla glass screen is absurd.[DOUBLEPOST=1506148135][/DOUBLEPOST]

If a phone worth 30k gets scratches or cracks in the 1st hour, then it's a shit phone.

Grow up kid, Go buy a phone spend 30k or 70k drop it face down from 3/4 feet's ull come to know.

Gorilla glass is tough but not tough enough that it can take face down drops, Also it is not SCRATCH PROF.

Grow up kid, Go buy a phone spend 30k or 70k drop it face down from 3/4 feet's ull come to know.

Gorilla glass is tough but not tough enough that it can take face down drops, Also it is not SCRATCH PROF.

So you know how old i am too!

And as i said before, regular, not gorilla glass hasn't scratched yet, after years of use. So you're basically saying an aftermarket tempered glass screen is stronger, tougher and more scratch resistant than gorilla glass. Guess corning should be going out of business soon.

People will keep believing whatever they want. I have enough personal experience and common sense on my side to know otherwise.

This tempered glass thing is such a pointless discussion. Someone wants to put it, they'll put it. You don't want to put it, don't. But shoving your thoughts down another person's throat is just plain stupid.

I always put a tempered glass on my wife's iPhone. She's careless with her phone and drops it face down. A LOT. She broke 3 screen's on her older phone because she refused to use a tempered glass. We've gone through 5 tempered glasses in about a year. Still better than paying 20k+ everytime she decides to drop her phone.

And to the people who think gorilla glass doesn't get scratched, you're idiots. It does.

So you know how old i am too!

And as i said before, regular, not gorilla glass hasn't scratched yet, after years of use. So you're basically saying an aftermarket tempered glass screen is stronger, tougher and more scratch resistant than gorilla glass. Guess corning should be going out of business soon.

People will keep believing whatever they want. I have enough personal experience and common sense on my side to know otherwise.

Your pointless arguments shows how old are you by brain not by age.

You don't have so much brain that a screen guard is to protect the original screen from getting scratched or damaged in case of a drop, The extra layer of the screen guard help to reduce the impact on the original screen. Simple. I hope u can understand this.

I just stated my opinion. Or can I not do that too? The only person shoving stuff here as usual is someone called KK.

My experience with cheap glass screens as well as a cheap $10 tempered glass protector (they claim 9H) for a 7" tab is that none of them scratch. So to scratch gorilla glass you would indeed have to be an idiot. like keep your phone in your pocket with your keys or something.

I can agree with the face down impact thing. I did ask earlier if a tempered glass protector broke, if it would protect the screen too. or maybe it's like ipwnz said about the protector being so fragile itself that it breaks without much effort. bottom line is, if the impact is severe enough, it will break both the protector AND the screen under it. I've seen this (with other's phones, not my own). There are various factors to why a screen breaks including angle and point of impact, the material the surface it's hitting etc. if you drop a metal framed phone on its corner, no screen protector will save it. There is a very small percentage of impacts where a protector will indeed save the screen itself. I wouldn't cover up gorilla glass with a far inferior product for that.

kk, if you had a brain yourself you wouldn't assume that i don't know why people think they're using screen protectors.

I just stated my opinion. Or can I not do that too? The only person shoving stuff here as usual is someone called KK.

My experience with cheap glass screens as well as a cheap $10 tempered glass protector (they claim 9H) for a 7" tab is that none of them scratch. So to scratch gorilla glass you would indeed have to be an idiot. like keep your phone in your pocket with your keys or something.

I can agree with the face down impact thing. I did ask earlier if a tempered glass protector broke, if it would protect the screen too. or maybe it's like ipwnz said about the protector being so fragile itself that it breaks without much effort. bottom line is, if the impact is severe enough, it will break both the protector AND the screen under it. I've seen this (with other's phones, not my own). There are various factors to why a screen breaks including angle and point of impact, the material the surface it's hitting etc. if you drop a metal framed phone on its corner, no screen protector will save it. There is a very small percentage of impacts where a protector will indeed save the screen itself. I wouldn't cover up gorilla glass with a far inferior product for that.

kk, if you had a brain yourself you wouldn't assume that i don't know why people think they're using screen protectors.
Hahaha again a pointless reply just to cover your S#!t. [emoji16] [emoji16]

The only thing i'm not covering is a glass screen with another layer of cheap glass 'believing' it will protect it. Right now I have a well dented and nicked year old 3s with a scratchless screen to prove it.

Anyways, i don't need anyone to accept this. And don't have the time either. Wondering why you're pushing it so much though. Do you sell screen guards by any chance? Ebay shop?

The only thing i'm not covering is a glass screen with another layer of cheap glass 'believing' it will protect it. Right now I have a well dented and nicked year old 3s with a scratchless screen to prove it.

Anyways, i don't need anyone to accept this. And don't have the time either. Wondering why you're pushing it so much though. Do you sell screen guards by any chance? Ebay shop?

Everyone knows who has the time and can be found on almost every thread here, Buy a new phone spend 50k and use it without the screen protector for couple of days and come back for argument.

Nah I don't sell or manufacturer guards. Happy ?

Haha, so now i can only post on limited threads or you'll be angry/jealous ??

btw i don't buy expensive phones because i consider them very disposable. i just use something that ticks all the boxes and i can bear if it breaks and/or the manufacturer stiffs me on warranty. so i can understand why people would want to imagine they're doing all they can to protect their investment. I was just saying it isn't completely true.

but you should sell screen guards! you're an awesome salesman, you almost have me convinced !

Haha, so now i can only post on limited threads or you'll be angry/jealous ??

btw i don't buy expensive phones because i consider them very disposable. i just use something that ticks all the boxes and i can bear if it breaks and/or the manufacturer stiffs me on warranty. so i can understand why people would want to imagine they're doing all they can to protect their investment. I was just saying it isn't completely true.

but you should sell screen guards! you're an awesome salesman, you almost have me convinced !

Jealous of a guy who has Simpson as his profile picture, Actually my reply was u said u don’t have time but can be found on every thread. Time he time hai

Thanks will think about it.

Jealous of a guy who has Simpson as his profile picture, Actually my reply was u said u don’t have time but can be found on every thread. Time he time hai

Thanks will think about it.

You prefer Hritik?

Yeah I'm active on TE. I don't have time to argue about people's personal opinions is what i meant. Btw, i get 10% commission on every screen guard you sell. My idea.

Guys what the heck is happening? Why taking the scratch guard so personally and scratching your brains hotter!
Somebody leave the argument, its always someone who will try to enforce his her opinions on something but that shouldn't break or change the truth.
And also people will try to suggest, advice or argue as per their opinions so either accept it or leave it. No harm in either.
Now putting a rexine on leather or philips bulb in place of led is altogether a different comparison. So better leave it or live it!

Back