Seagate Backup Plus 4TB USB 3.0 External Drive @ 152 USD / 8.6k all incl

Attachments

• seagate-hdd-3tb.png
    seagate-hdd-3tb.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 176
Any idea how much will it cost including shipping/duty through PPO/HSG/SnS, etc ?

Why PPO/HSG/SnS etc? Amazon ships it directly to India. No one will beat Amazon's direct pricing. Even customs is charged at 6% or so, if you import it through other providers it will be 16%.

Oh ok. I somehow had in my mind that Amazon doesn't ship it to India though I have got few products from Amazon directly in the past. :)

Edit: It costs Rs.9290/- directly from Amazon.

Items: INR 7,992.43
Shipping & handling: INR 771.33
Import Fees Deposit INR 525.83
Order total: INR 9,289.59

^ You can even opt to be charged in USD as Amazon's exchange rate is about 1 Re higher than the Visa/MC/Bank rate.

How do we take the Amazon option? I am under the impression that CC is the way to order, in fact prefer that way.

Just add item to card, checkout and give your Indian address. Yep a CC should do. Even some debit cards work.[DOUBLEPOST=1367817544][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much warranty is there on the drive. Amazon is offering a separate 2 year warranty for 11.99 $.

It comes with 2 year warranty. The Square Trade warranty extension is not useful outside US, so no point in opting for that.

@varkey, @prime Is Import Fees Deposit refundable?

Here: http://www.techenclave.com/communit...t-deals-in-us-discussion-thread.82924/page-13

Don't fret over the Import deposit. If it's not charged (and it won't be as this is just a single game we're talking about), you will get a refund of the same as soon as AMZ hears from the shipper (i.e. Aramex in most of the cases).
I've even got refunds in cases when AMZ/Aramex were actually charged customs. Do remember it can take UPTO 60 days for the refund to be processed.
Hope this helps ! :)

What does import fees depend upon?

And what about octroi, LBT, etc? Where(what city) was your hdd shipped?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back