Seagate Desktop & Laptop Internal Drive Price Update as on 23rd Sept, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ May be Sunish should pack with those white plastic bags that we get ! That way it should be better.

Hi,

So the outer Paper cloth envelope was damaged ? The drive was very well packed using 6mm high Quality thick foam sheet double wrapped around drive..

May be we can add a little Transit Insurance charge to cover stealing..!

Thankfully your drive reached safe and without any damage..

Will surely see how to further improve on packing and thanks for your feedback..

Sandy said:
Sunish I got the drive.
The drive came packed well on the inside however outer cover was totally destroyed! It was a miracle that the drive reached me without anyone stealing it or it falling away somewhere.
I just had to slide out the drive. Please pack it a little better. Maybe I got lucky. Your next customer might not be so lucky :S

Exactly how the outer package was!
Imageshack - new1028.jpg
Imageshack - new1027.jpg
Imageshack - new1026.jpg
This is not a complaint, this is a feedback! :D

Yeah thats one! The outside cloth envelope was fully damaged! Inside things were fine.

Rather than cloth/paper I think it will be better to use plastic bag/cover na? This might be a little stronger.
From the way it looks Im sure this was done by the DTDC people to check what was inside.

jennifer123 said:
But I bought a 7200RPM SpinPoint F4 drive only.

OK DVDStore, Paid for a 1.5TB 7200/32MB Drive and the order no is 156. Very good price DVDStore and I will post a benchmark soon comparing with my F4, 7200.11, WDD Black 64 & 32 MBs.
Where did you buy the F4 from? Is it 1Tb?

I got the F4 from my cousin who shipped it for me from US. Its the 320GB version, i hope there is no 1TB version with 7200 RPM. May be wait for sometimes till samsung releases the 640GB version.

^^ The Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB with 3 platters of 667GB per platter is the drive to get...now at 95$ from newegg (arnd 4.3~4.4k)....it gives speeds of almost 130~135 MB/s !

It will be great if any distri/dealer can get it here at even 5k :D

Sandy said:
Sunish I got the drive.

The drive came packed well on the inside however outer cover was totally destroyed! It was a miracle that the drive reached me without anyone stealing it or it falling away somewhere.

I just had to slide out the drive. Please pack it a little better. Maybe I got lucky. Your next customer might not be so lucky :S

Exactly how the outer package was!

Imageshack - new1028.jpg

Imageshack - new1027.jpg

Imageshack - new1026.jpg

This is not a complaint, this is a feedback! :D

This aint the First time this is happening. I had got a a Slightly dented drive due to poor packing earlier. HE promised me that he would improve packing. Though he was kind enough to take the drive back :) .. The replacement drive was packed like a tank though. I have ordered another one from Ebay lets see how i get that.

You returned same to us and we gracefully replaced it.... I must share that there was no visible physical damage or dent and same was replaced by Accel Frontline without any fuss !
apextwin146 said:
This aint the First time this is happening. I had got a a Slightly dented drive due to poor packing earlier. HE promised me that he would improve packing. Though he was kind enough to take the drive back :) .. The replacement drive was packed like a tank though. I have ordered another one from Ebay lets see how i get that.

o_O wow 2810 .. Something tells me If i wait more like do i get further price slash ?

Betweem Excellent price for online selling :)

Yes...Please wait a few months and I hope price would come down to Rs 2500 or so by Dec end..

redx said:
o_O wow 2810 .. Something tells me If i wait more like do i get further price slash ?

Betweem Excellent price for online selling :)

But I have received a 7200.11 drive, very disappointed as I expected a 7200.12 1.5TB drive from Seagate. Anyway its a good drive only and i will keep it still Seagate releases a new version.

I have bought one Seagate 1TB HDD from your ebay store (PaisaPay ID 27666177377), kindly insure delivery as soon as possible.

Although I though as I live not very far off from Manimajra (In Panchkula) but still I was charged Rs. 80 for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back