Storage Solutions Seagate HDDs- lower quality unreilable and fails most of the time

Recently reading two-three incidents of seagate HDDs failing I would like to share my own experience:

About 4 days ago my main 500 GB was working fine, but still had some instincts that something was wrong with it
I restarted my PC, and suddenly the PC was showing to that "No boot drive detected please insert proper one and press any key"
Hopefully it was showing up in BIOS
So I fired up ubuntu live distro(a must backup for anyone in such cases) and found out that partition table has been corrupted, finally after long procedure I recovered it and data was fine

So my main question here is-

I dont want to use this drive further for the fear of it failing again as it did two time(one minor time and this major time), I was lucky that I got my data back but what in future?
Typical options would be to get a external or internal WD drive but I dont have money for that in near time so can I RMA it by stating the failing incident, or how do I fail it deliberately to invoke RMA?

Any inputs would be appreciated

run a SMART check and post your results, thats the reliable way to understand if its a HDD issue/ some other

run a SMART check and post your results, thats the reliable way to understand if its a HDD issue/ some other

Heres the snippets from HDD Senitel program showing the Health and S.M.A.R.T results of my drive

Attachments

• hddsenitel1.jpg
    hddsenitel1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 83
  • hddsenitel2.jpg
    hddsenitel2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 72
Segate is really becoming shitty these days.

Lost two Segate 1TB drives lately with data and bad RMA of sending back refurbished or re certified drives. Now these replacements too are on the verge of breaking down, HD SENTINEL has already given me warning to migrate my data. Totally lost on Which HDD Vendor would be a safe bet after each of these companies buying their rivals and options are being skimmed down!

What PSU do you use? A bad PSU can kill drives. I have half a dozen seagates and some of them have been working 24/7 since the last 4-5 years. If you feed them bad power, they die quickly.

What PSU do you use? A bad PSU can kill drives. I have half a dozen seagates and some of them have been working 24/7 since the last 4-5 years. If you feed them bad power, they die quickly.

Seasonic S12-II 520W

Should I RMA them? Does RMA give you new drives or refurbhished ones?

What type of drive you'll get depends on the drives state,Many times they give refurbished drive if the drive is not completely EOL.So hope you'll get a new one.
Seasonic S12-II 520W

Should I RMA them? Does RMA give you new drives or refurbhished ones?

Back